|| 006

George POV

We decided that we aren't going out for diner anymore and Josh's family is leaving. My family stays for the night. I've been trying to call Josh all night, but he just doesn't pick up. 

My mum is cooking diner now, while we are all watching tv. I grabbed one of Josh his sweaters, which he forgot. 

My phone suddenly buzzes and I pick it up as fast as I can. It's a text from Josh!

From: Joshhh

Stop calling me, I don't want any contact with you anymore, don't look for me, just leave me

Tears are filling my eyes again. Why does he act like this, all of a sudden? Earlier today everything was alright, at least I thought it was.

I get up and walk to the kitchen. I grab a glass of water and sit down at the kitchen table. 

"You alright?" Asks my mum. I shrug. 

"I just don't get it." I sigh. My mum shakes her head. 

"No, me neither." 

"I just have the feeling that something else is going on. I don't think he left because he didn't love me anymore. He would've acted different. He was just as loving as before. I just don't know what would be going on" I say. 

Later that night I walk upstairs to go to bed. I walk into the bedroom and strip down to my boxers. I get in bed and try to sleep. But it's impossible. It's so cold in bed, without Josh his muscular arms around me, lying with my head on his chest. It's just so lonely here. I haven't slept alone for over a year. I miss him so much. 

I lie down on my back, facing the ceiling. What would Josh be doing now? Would he be thinking of me? Or just totally forget about me? And where would he be? Maybe he told Jaymi where he went or anything? I'll just call him tomorrow morning, I can't call him in the middle of the night. 

I sigh and close my eyes, trying to sleep. Somehow I manage to actually fall asleep some time later. 

**** Next Morning ****

"Daddy" someone says quietly. I slowly open my eyes and see Cadee sitting on the other side of the bed, with a sad face. 

"Hey baby girl, what's wrong?" I ask her. I sit up against the headboard and she cradles in my lap. 

"Where is daddy?" she asks. Suddenly it all comes flowing back. I take a deep breath and answer Cadee. 

"Daddy is gone for while" I say slowly. 

"When is he coming back?" 

"I don't know, cupcake" I get up and carry her downstairs. My mum and dad are sitting on the couch in the living room.  I put Cadee on the floor and she starts playing with her dolls. 

"How does Cadee take it?" My mum asks. 

"She misses him, really bad. She just asks me when he was coming back. i wish I could say soon, but I don't he'll ever come back." I sigh. I get up and walk into the kitchen. I grab my phone to call Jaymi. 

"Hey jaymi, it's me, George. Do you know where Josh is, maybe?" I ask when he picks up. 

"No, isn't he with you then?" he asks. 

"No, he....he left. But I don't where he is and I don't really trust the fact that he suddenly left. So i thought that maybe you'd know where he was." I say. 

"He left?!" Jaymi shouts. I hum a yes. "What the hell, why would he leave you? You two are madly in love!" 

"Yeah, that's what I thought too." i say quietly. 

"Sorry, I shouldn't have said that. But it is really weird. Did anything happen that could lead to this?" 

"No, I don't think so. We were better than ever, and suddenly he leaves." I say, at the end of the sentence my voice begins to crack a little. 

"I'll look out for him, okay? If I can get any contact with him or anything, I'll call you immediately" Jaymi says. 

"Thanks, Jay" We both hang up and I walk back into the living room. "Jaymi doesn't know where Josh is either" I say and I sigh. I sit down and Cadee comes running to me, while she is crying. "Hey, what's wrong?" i ask her when I pull her on my lap. 

"I want daddy to come home" She cries. I hug her and lull her a little. 

"Me too, sweety" I whisper to her. I slowly rub her back when she cuddles up to me. I grab my phone to try calling Josh again. But again, he doesn't pick up so I decide to record a voice message. 

"Josh, please, please come home. We miss you so much, I don't want to lose you. I don't even know what I did, why you left. Just, please......at least call me back. I love you..." 

I hang up and a lonely tear finds it's way down my cheek. 

"George?" I look up at my mum. "Sorry, but we really need to go home.....Are you staying here or do you want to come with us?" I shake my head.

"No, I'll just stay here. Maybe he'll come back..." i say hopefull. My mum smiles sadly and nods. I all hug them goodbye and they leave. I walk back into the living room and Cadee is asleep on the couch. I pick her up and walk up the stairs to put her in bed. I walk down the stairs again and the doorbell rings. As fast as possible I run down and open the door, hoping it's Josh. But sadly, it isn't. 

Jaymi is standing there. I let him in and we walk into the living room. 

"Why are you here?" i ask him. He bites his lip. 

"I think something is going on. Josh doesn't pick up the phone when I call and he doesn't answer my texts, he never does something like that" He says. I nod. 

"Same. Even though, he does answer my texts, but he just says that I have to stay away from him." I sigh. 

"I think we should call the police, just to be sure that everything is okay." He says quietly. I pick up the phone and hand it to him. 

"Can you call them?" I ask and he nods. He dials the number and a few seconds later he starts talking. 

"George, since when is he gone?" asks Jaymi about a minute later. 

"Yesterday, afternoon" I say, quietly. He starts talking to the phone again and a little while later he hangs up. 

"They're coming with 2 police officers soon, to ask you some questions and stuff. Do you want me to stay?" He says. 

"Yes, please" I say. He gets up and walks to me, holding his arms out. I get up and wrap my arms around him for a hug.