5. First In Everything

Dedicated to Entice_ because of her great story Desperately Seeking Charming! It's a great story so do check it out if you want to read something interesting! She also has another story that she's writing caled Birds and Bees, so check those out if you're interested! 

----------------------------------------

“Zzzzzz…”

I glanced over at the source of the sound and suppressed my laughter. Daniel Sanders was sleeping in class. This was an important lecture too, half of the concepts that were going to be on the final were going to mentioned in this class. He was definitely going to fail his exams. I giggled evilly at the thought.

“Here you go, Danielle. Good job.” I looked at my exam slip. 100. As expected. I studied day and night for these exams. I wasn’t going to let some guy get in the way of my grades. I had a future ahead of me unlike some one.

“Here you go Daniel. Great job. I gave you extra points for pointing that out.”

Daniel took the paper out of Mr. Fields’ hands and walked back to his desk. He immediately slumped in it and closed his eyes. I took this as a chance to peek at his grade. 110?! What? How did he get 10 extra points?

“Mr. Fields’ had some spelling and grammatical errors on the test.”

“What?”

“You asked how I got a 110.”

“Oh did I say that out loud?” Darn my big mouth.

“You don’t have a big mouth.”

“Not again!!” Riiing. I quickly gathered and packed my things.

Lunchtime.

I sat down at my usual table and Lexi came shortly after to sit across from me. We were just about to talk about our morning classes when two uninvited figures came over and sat on either side of Lexi.

“What are you guys doing here?”

“Whoa. Hold off on the hostility, will you? It’s a free country after all.” Daniel smirked.

“Can’t we join our two bestest buddies for lunch?” The other asked, rhetorically. His name was Jason and was the closest friend of Daniel. Their levels of obnoxiousness were equal.

“So what’s up?”

“Nothing much. Eating lunch with my friend Lexi and these two aliens.”

“Aliens?! Where?!” Jason looked around frantically and Daniel smacked him at the back of the head.

“She means us, stupid.”

Jason’s eyes widened. “Oh ha-ha. That’s SO funny.” I giggled at his remarks.

“Seriously guys. Why are you eating with us?” I stared at either of them for a response. Jason nudged Daniel and he got the courage to speak.

“Well… wanting to hang out with my bestest buddies isn’t a lie.” He winked at Lexi and she scoffed. His expression turned serious as he continued. “And I just wanted to apologize for … our date.” I stiffened and managed to nod. I told Lexi about the date shortly after I arrived home. After our conversation, she had the same feeling I had for him: disgust. I’m glad to have her on my side. A heavy silence fell upon the table as I picked at my tray of food. I pushed the peas back and forth on the little compartment in the tray.

From behind them, I spotted Lizzy standing in the lunch line. Lizzy asked this morning if she could sit with me at lunch because her friends had various doctors appointments, dentist visits, and whatever they planned.  I didn’t expect to be sitting with two goofballs, but I didn’t think Lizzy would mind much. I’d just hope she wouldn’t fawn over them so much as to drool all over my lunch.