Chapter 15 - One down two to go

Witch luck!

Chapter 15 – One down two to go

»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«

"Run” I screamed, I was so not in time for these games

"What, but where" she looked so bad right now her pretty face was marred with snot. She stared at me with terror in her eyes and I gulped

The screeching of the beast was so loud it nearly shattered our ear drums. I heard her scream in fear and I was sweating. I didn’t know where we were and this was not helping. The gust of wind the were-lynx blew towards us nearly knocked us over.

"Just anywhere come on" I said I grabbed her hand and we ran like the wind, this is not what I planned for. The wind was so strong it nearly pulled us back, the were-lynx started to laugh and I felt the chills up and down my body.

We found the area to be rural; it was in this weird forest area where we could hear nothing but the sound of the were-lynx. I swear this journey was beginning to be pointless, I feel like we ran around in circles now since we are back at square one. There was no escape it felt as if time had stopped and was making the were-lynx come towards us.

"We’re lost now" I was breathless; this running wasn't helping me or my body. I looked at the girl with her wide eyed face and gulped as I saw the were-lynx behind her. It was so big how can it be I felt even more terrified at the height.

It was heading towards us full on now, luckily, we glided away. The grasses here were much longer, so it will be time before he actually got us. I mean this beast looked stupid enough anyway. In addition, here we went back to running, until Emilia pointed out, that there was a small cave thing right at the corner of the tree, so we ran as fast as we could and slid inside.

We both caught our breaths, while we waited. We heard the screeching once more and it terrified the both of us alright, more of Emilia than me really. For now, I was wondering how I was playing this game, with those rotten Qualmi. It was damp in this cave, as if rained poured on the insides. When I turned around and looked back at the Emilia, she was looking back at me with surprise.

"Tell me why in the world you did that ritual?" I surprised myself by asking and I knew she was thinking to, I mean I'm no good with these kinds of situations. Because truth be told, I haven't exactly been in a position to discuss what our next move will be.

"T-they I mean this voice was saying something about fear, and powers? I couldn't hear properly before I knew it, we were here." She replied breathlessly, I saw she was sweating.

That got me thinking, fears and powers. What's this about? Did they change the rules? It's seems much harder than last time. Oh dammit why is it so hard now, I wish someone was here now, where was my brother when you needed him. It seemed like Emilia was mind controlled into doing this ritual. They knew I was here; it must have been Medea she probably had told them where I was. Now we were in this mess and I felt like crying again.

"Oh for god’s sake” I replied having a tone that meant were doomed.

"Please, you got to know what to do I don't want to die." Emilia grabbed my dress shirt and clenched it while shaking me hysterically. I pitied her, it wasn’t her fault she was in this mess, I knew she wasn’t mean, there was always something surrounding that gang.

"Stop I'm getting dizzy" I tried to pry her hands off me, damn did she have a strong grip "I'll see what I can do now tell me what's your fear?" I stared at her, and I noticed for the first time her eyes going dark. If I was correct I would know what to do to end this game quickly and not have any problems.