Chapter 2 - Awkward

Witch luck

Chapter 2 – Awkward

»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«

"Oh no" she cried as I watched her, when she stopped and stared at me again. "Weren't you supposed to come later, I mean your aunt and uncle have got to work tonight, they thought you were coming later today was we wrong?" the girl stood with a pretty frown on her face, as she trailed off talking to me with a thoughtful look on her face. Now she just stared at me again as if I was a freak.

I knew Uncle Ted wouldn't disappoint me, I mean they just got the times mixed up the worrying knot in my stomach, simply spoofed away as I relaxed. However, my hands weren't exactly in the best shape now, after the fall I nearly had; also, Keira the babysitter or so she says to me, had a strong pair of hands that amazed me. As she, helped carry two lots of my luggage while I struggled with one of mine. How is this possible? She kept droning on and on, and I worried she would be dehydrated, by the way she was talking.

"No it's alright I was coming today actually, guess they were so busy they muddled the times by accident, it's ok though I'm not too worried" I replied smiling at her, we stepped up beside an apartment while she unlocked it.

"Oh please do come in, it's such a shame you came by yourself I mean if only you had rung me, I would have gone to collect you" she smiled at me brightly, and I did the same she was sweet I liked her already. "It's also a shame your parents aren't here or your family, Mr. Johansson would have been happy to see his sister but I'm sure you will fill his days with a bit of happiness" Keira replied, oh how wrong she was, I thought to myself.

"Yeah it is a shame," I muttered, as I followed her to wherever we were going.

I wish I were a bit healthier, looking at her is making me feel guilty of having the 3 croissant with cheese and ham inside. Not that I needed it, I was so not nervous you know. However, binge eating didn't help, when you look at Keira's perfectly moulded body. It depressed me already now, but her smiley nature can't make me hate her. She dropped the bags into the place like that, I felt so useless next to her but she didn't seem to mind.

Keira lives with my aunt and uncle; she's been taking care of Max and Meghan ever since they were kids. Even though Max is like 18 the same age as my brother, he still has a babysitter and helper, kinda funny when you think about it. Whilst Meghan well, I don't really know how she is now after all these years.

I saw Keira stare at me and smile again, she liked to smile a lot. I liked her already she didn't seem surprised with my outer appearance. On the other hand, my awkward hair colour, that people kept commenting on all the time. In contrast, to my crazy eye colour that seemed apparently too cold to look at. Sometimes, I do worry about my looks as if they were scared to tell me, I was deformed or something. In addition, be like that weird creature from that Japanese horror movie, which sticks out of that girls shoulder, and has this icky long tongue that moves around and giggles. I shuddered at the thought again and I grimaced, this was no time to be thinking about those things.

"The Johansson have been so kind to me for taking care of the kids, I love them all so dearly the Johansson seem like my mother and father." Keira didn't take a breath between the sentences as she carried my suitcases to the third floor, and led me to guest room via the way we came in. She was so cute I thought to myself, she looks like she really adores the cousin's and I was pretty jealous of that. "I helped raise Max and Meghan since they were 7 years old; I was in high school when I was babysitting them my parents got laid off their jobs, left me and kind of went on holiday without telling me. Luckily I knew about Eva and her husband before hand, they helped me through the tough time" she replied as she opened the door and she walked in. "They will be so happy to know you are here, I can see it already" she giggled and looked at me when I walked in the room.