Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Perrie’s P.O.V

I’m currently in the bakery, with Harry, after hours. Unfortunately we had the job of cleaning up all the messes the cooks (it was only Harry but he denies it whenever you ask) had made during the day. I didn’t really mind though. I was earning much needed money and it’s not like I had anywhere to go. And in all honesty, I was grateful for the shelter. Whatever storms or horrendous whether I have faced so far is nothing compared to now. The snow is thick and cold, ice covering the roads and the clouds leaving London in eternal darkness. I haven’t seen sunlight in days, meaning the small children’s playground, which is inconveniently made of metal, is so cold that even wearing all the clothes I own I’m still numb.

Sometimes I’m lucky and Zayn asks me to stay at his house, or Eleanor invites me for a girl’s night, but it’s not like I could ask them to stay. For one, it would be a huge inconvenience. Eleanor’s parents spend so much money on her education that they have nothing left for themselves. It’s gotten to the point that the apartment (if you can even call it that) is so small that Eleanor has to sleep on the couch. Two, I would never want to do that to Zayn’s family. I don’t know what I did to Doniya, but I regret it. She doesn’t hide her distaste for me and it won’t be long until the others think like her too. Especially if they knew the trash that Zayn was dating.

“Hey Perrie!” Harry stuck his head out from around the corner, face covered in flour and two straws sticking out his mouth. “I’m a walrus.” I started giggling a he made ‘roaring’ noises and pretended to be a dinosaur.

“Y-you’re an idiot.”

His expression turned to fake shock and hurt.

“I am offended that you think so low of me Edwards.” He said in an overly posh voice.

“Oh Styles, h-how ever might I repay you?”

He lunged out of the room, literally. Hands on hips, bending one knee and looking at me with wide eyes and pouty lips the whole time.

“H-harry what are you doing?”

He waltzed back in- what is wrong with this boy? - And held out a hand to me.

“We are going to…. Dance!” I noticed that he had turned on some god awful indie music, that only he could like.

“I-I’m not going t-to dance with you.”

“Why not?”

“I-I don’t know how.” I shyly admitted. He raised his eyebrows at me I a ‘You’ve got to be kidding?’ way, and scoffed.

“Everybody can dance Perrie.”

“W-well not me. Gosh, the last t-time I must have danced was before my m-mum died.”

Harry looked at me sympathetically and walked over to me. He pulled me into a hug, which I gladly returned.

“I guess I’ll just have to teach you then.”

The next hour and a half was spent dancing sporadically around the room, laughing and cleaning as we went. At one stage Harry threw a bucket of water over me, and as revenge I dunked his head in the sink full of dirty dishes. We went as far as trying to do the waltz, which he said I would definitely need for the big benefit I was going to with Zayn, which ended with us slipping over and landing in a puddle of bubbles.

***

As we were cleaning up the mess we had made cleaning up we began talking. We talked mostly about him, stuff to do with his mum, sister, mystery girlfriend and school.