Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Perrie's P.O.V

The kiss was slow and passionate. We stayed like that for what seemed like ages before we split apart. Zayn didn't say anything, just kissed me lightly once more before leaving. I watched as he got into his expensive car and drove off. I touched my lips with my fingers, not believing what just happened. Zayn Malik had just kissed me. Me! A smile spread across my face, but quickly disappeared when I remembered how late I was. Steve had strict rules for me. And I had been stretching them enough by going to Zayns house for a few hours after school, let alone staying out to 11. I slowly reached my hand towards my door knob, turning it as slowly as I could to make as little noise as possible. The door opened, having only made a slight creaking noise. I walked into the front hallway, closing the door little by little. Once it was closed I looked down the hall for any signs of Steve. The only things I could see that would show any sign of his existence were the empty bottles of alcohol littering the ground. Bit by bit I made my way down the hall, passing the peeling wallpaper and old photos of my Mum. Some of them were just her. Some were all of us. The photos made me sad every time I passed them. Back then we were a real family. Steve wasn't the old balding man that I fear today. No. He was everything I always wanted in a father. But that all changed when my mother died. He started drinking. Coming home late. I remember the first time he hit me. He cried for hours afterwards telling me that he was 'so sorry', and that 'it would never happen again'. Obviously it did. It was a daily thing now. I can't remember when he stopped apologizing to me for it. He just did.

I could hear my breath as I tried to go as slow as possible, trying my hardest not to knock into anything. I couldn't risk turning in the lights, so I could barely see anything in front of me. I made it just past the kitchen when I heard breathing behind me.

"What time of fucking night do you call this?" Steve breathed in my ear. Suddenly the lights in the hallway and kitchen turned on, revealing Steve's dominating figure leaning on the kitchen bench.

I could smell the alcohol on his breathe from here. I whimpered and walked backwards.

"I-I'm sorry. It won't h-happen again." He narrowed his blue eyes and laughed at me.

"Better fucking not." He then lunged at me, pushing me to the ground. I let out a small cry, having landed on one of the empty beer bottle. He came at me once more, kicking me repeatedly in the stomach.

"Don't-" kick "dare-" kick "ever-"kick "be-" kick "late again." He finished by spitting on me. By now I was in tears lying on the ground. He laughed again and stumbled off. Probably to drink some more. He had gotten to the kitchen before he turned around to speak to me.

"I wish it was you who was dead. Not your mother."

I let out another whimper and slowly crawled to me room. I just had time to lock the door, before unconsciousness overcame me.

***

Next day:

Zayn's P.O.V

Rebecca giggled, kissing me once more.

"You know this is kind of hot, the whole 'secret relationship' thing." We were presently in one of the broom cupboards of our school. I had just told her that I told Perrie that we had 'broken up'. She took it surprisingly well.

"Well enjoy it while you can because it won't last long." We started kissing once more, getting more and more heated every second. Her lips left my mouth, and started making a trail of love bites down my neck.

"Why do you say that?"Her lips returned to mine once more.

"Because this whole Perrie thing is easy. I'll have everything you want to know in no time."