Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Zayn’s P.O.V

“…I’m Steve, Perrie’s stepfather.”

I looked at the man in front of me. He had this weird smirk across his face, showing all his yellowing teeth.

“I’m sorry for intruding sir. I was just hanging out with Pez.” I didn’t really feel like I needed to apologize, but I guess if I found my daughter with a boy I’d never seen before I’d be pretty pissed.

“Zayn its fine, don’t worry about it! But if you don’t mind I came home to talk about something important with my daughter, so if you wouldn’t mind…….” He trailed off, gesturing with his hands to the door. I caught on pretty quickly and started to pick up my school bag from the ground. Perrie started stirring, so I quickly kissed her on the forehead. A small smile crossed her face and she went back into sleep. I said goodbye to Steve once more and left their house. He seems nice.

Perrie’s P.O.V

I woke up feeling cold and empty. There were goosebumps covering my arms and I was lying on a rough surface. I opened my eyes groggily, haze covering my vision. I rubbed at my eyes and noticed my hands were covered in dirt. I shot up into a sitting position and took in my dark surroundings and waited for my eyes to adjust to the darkness. Everything started turning from grey to black and I realised I was in the small shed in my backyard. The tin roof had multiple holes in it, making it look like it was covered in stars. The walls were made from the same tin, but had wooden shelves lining them.

I got up off the uncomfortable dirt ground and made my way to the metal door. I tried to push it open but it was stuck. I shook the door. Trying to loosen it but nothing would work.

“H-Hello?” I called out. No answer.

I shook the door again and started banging on it.

BANG

Something slammed against the door from the other side, pushing me backwards.

“Don’t. You. Dare. Scream.” Steve snarled from the door.

I froze from where I was lying on the ground. I moved backwards until my back hit the end of the shed.

“Do you understand why you’re here, Pez?” My heart sunk as he said my nickname. How did he even know it? Unless…..

“Z-Zayn?” I whimpered.

“Smart girl. Looks like that fancy school you go to is teaching you something.” Steve banged on the door again, shaking the whole shed and making dust fall from the roof. I cried out and tried to unsuccessfully move more backwards. My eyes filled with tears from fear as I cowered away.

“I-I’m sorry.” I cried.

My whole body was freezing. My once pale skin had become a sickening, transparent white, making me like a ghost. I was only wearing a thin singlet and shorts. When the fuck did I change?

Steve banged on the door once more, and a painful sob wracked my body.

“You filthy little slut! I give you a home, clothes to wear, safety! And you repay me by lying and fucking my boss’s son?” wait, what?! Steve worked for Mr Malik? But Zayn’s dad was a doctor! And Steve was just an “s-secretary…” I whispered.

“You listen here you skank, you are no longer welcome in this home! I’m not jeopardising my career for your petty little games with some boy. You never come in the house, or near it again, you hear me?! You’re just a worthless piece of shit and you’re lucky for the treatment that I gave you. Anyone else would’ve killed you the moment you killed your mother.”