16 | MONSTROUS

CHAPTER 16 | MONSTROUS

_______

  Lauren was truly paralyzed in shock.

Her mind was racing with thoughts of what would happen running through her mind. Was Joe going to kill her? Would they hurt them?

"How the hell..." he trailed off, finally recognizing Lauren.

"Well if it isn't my old friend Lauren!" He shouted, chuckling loudly. Rick and Michonne both glanced at Lauren in shock. The young girl kept her gaze on the ground, not wanting to look into those eyes.

This can't be happening, not again, she thought.

Another one of Joe's men put his gun on Rick as Joe made his way in front of Lauren, bending down with a smile.

"Show some respect and look at me!" He hissed while taking ahold of her jaw and pulling her head upwards. Tears glazed over her eyes as her breaths came out staggered. Out of the corner of her eye one of his men taunted Carl in the car, staring at him through the window.

Joe hummed in content. "I had a bad feeling you would escape somehow. And now look at you! All grown up!" He continued while ripping his hand away from her face. If this was any other man, she would have spat in his face by now.

But Joe was the only man to ever scare her the most.

"You know what, I had this elaborate plan to let you die in there, so for getting out, this is what you get," he exclaimed while colliding his palm harshly against her cheek, Lauren falling to the ground in pain. The hot tears began pooling out by then.

Dark room. Loud scream. Impact.

The pain radiating in her cheek made her remember how awful it hurt when his disgusting hands touched her.

"Stop it!" Rick yelled, which made Joe mad as he took out his gun and went back into his first position, the barrel of his gun against Rick's head. Lauren glanced up from the ground to see Carl in the car staring at her in fear.

And all she could do was sit there in her tears, powerless.

"This'll be exciting, just like new years!" He continued as Lauren pushed herself off the ground, back to kneeling on the cold cement.

The man laughed again. "Now who's gonna count down the ball dropper with me, huh?"

Nobody responded.

"10 Mississippi, 9 Mississippi, 8 Mississippi-"

"Joe!" A new voice shouted, all of them looking to the car to see Daryl walking up. Lauren figured Daryl was with them, not knowing how bad Joe really was. "Hold up."

"You're stopping me on eight Daryl," Joe replied.

"Just hold up," Daryl persisted.

"This is the guy that killed Lou so we got nothing to talk about," a random man stated. Lauren glanced at Rick, knowing that it was her that did it. She wanted to speak up, but Rick shook his head lightly.