11 | LOST HOME

CHAPTER 11 | LOST HOME

_______

  The hot sun beat down on Lauren's face, the teenager placing her sweating hand on her forehead to block the harsh heat. Hershel was helping Michonne drag out the dead bodies after Lauren had helped, but Hershel insisted Lauren took a rest.

Michonne had been talking about the time in high school when she went to a school dance, and found out her date was cheating on her. She then explained how she threw her drink on him, and drove herself home in his car. Lauren couldn't stop smiling at the story.

"Wow, if he could see you now with your katana," Lauren stated, Michonne chuckling while grabbing one of the dead bodies.

A strange rustling noise erupted from the forest, making Lauren's smile immediately falter as she swiftly grabbed the pistol that clung to her hip.

"I'm gonna check it out," Lauren murmured, a worried look on Michonne's face appearing. Lauren shook her head, telling her it was fine and she shouldn't worry.

Making her way out of the clearing and past the tree line, the rustling continued. Lauren went farther in, her gun held tightly between her two hands.

Suddenly she felt her body fall to the ground, something smacking across the back of her head. Everything became dark.

➸ ➸ ➸

It seemed like no time had passed at all when Lauren woke up, but she wasn't in the forest, she was inside a trailer.

Lauren looked to her left to see Hershel and Michonne both tied up, glancing downwards to see that she was tied too. The grip of rope around her hands gave her the eerie reminder of the cellar. The three were sat on a bench in an rv, a man sitting across from them. He had an eye patch, and tussled brown hair.

"You should eat, it's gonna be a long day," the man ordered while handing some type of food towards Hershel.

"Nobody's gonna hurt you," he continued, Lauren glancing towards Michonne in worry. She glanced back, almost not having an answer to Lauren's question of safety.

"I don't believe that," Hershel stated.

"Well, I don't care," he shot back.

"Just tell us what this is, please."

"It isn't personal."

"Then what is it?"

"Michonne I want you to know. Penny, my daughter, she was dead, I know that now." Lauren jaw dropped slightly, turning to Michonne as if wondering why this man knows her.