¢нαρтєя σиє

My castle is huge. I always roam the halls, being ignored. Even the servants forget about me, the youngest of thirteen children. My mother doesn't always forget about me, and the towns people always wonder why I'm not out with my family making announcements with them. That's because I'm only eight, and I'm 'too young' to be completely revealed to the world. "Your Highness." A servant says as she walks by me with a vase in her hands. I bow my head towards her and continue walking. Soon, I'll officially be nine. I'll be allowed to roam outside these stone walls. I turn around a corner and find Bishop, my father's adviser. "Hello, Seraphina." He says, bowing. I curtsy and smile. "Bishop, a pleasure." I say, using my manners. He grins at me. "You're going to be what? Nine?" I giggle and nod. "Yes, today at noon." I confirm. He takes my hand and places a quick kiss to it. "I want to personally congratulate you, my princess." I smile, he starts to walk away, so I turn, my dress brushing against my legs, and walk towards the throne room. When a royal child turns nine, they receive their own throne, made specially for them. I'll also be getting my tiara. I see Preston and Priscilla walking up in their matching dress and suit. Preston smiles at me, his green eyes glinting. "Hello, my sister. Happy Birthday." I look to both the twins. "Thank you." I say, curtsying. They both smile and walk off. Smirking a little, I open the huge doors that lead to the throne room. The creak of the door grabs the attention of some of the servants nearby. They go back to work right away, hanging up chains of flowers, and our family crest. A mythical beast inside a shield. I'll get to learn that story tonight, when my father reads it aloud for everyone to hear. Waiting outside the throne room was boring. As I wait for them to call my name, I play with some flowers near the door. "Please welcome, our new official princess, Seraphina Darrington." Holding my head up high, I wait for the doors to open. This will be the first time that the townsfolk sees me for real, so I was dressed up fully. My blonde hair had two braids going to the back of my flowing, curly hair. My dress was my family's color, gold with intricate golden flowers flowing down my skirt. I spot my throne almost at once. At the top, our family's crest. Mine was the perfect size for me, glowing wood and a cushion that looks soft to the touch. Next to it lay my tiara, it was golden and molded with flowers and diamonds, beautiful. I could hear the townsfolk cheering and some side conversations about what their new princess looks like. I turn and curtesy to them all, then sit on my throne for the first time. I felt powerful, wanted, and noticed. The cushion was unbelievably soft, and the armrests were comfortable as well. My mother, her golden locks falling to her thighs, grabs my tiara and holds it above my head. "My best wishes, Seraphina." She whispers while setting the tiara on my head. The crowd cheers, then quiets as my father stands, readying his speech. "As you all know, as tradition calls for. I will read the legend of Trico, the man eating beast."In a far away forest, away from the kingdom, sat another kingdom of beasts. The flying creatures that looks like a bird and cat mix are terrifying. With a human master that's evil controlling them, they're feared. With horns on the top of their head they can kill a man almost instantly. Nobody knows how they're controlled, just that they're dangerous. One year, a great king from long ago, defeated the master and killed all the beasts. Except for one beast. Trico. Trico is believed to still be alive to this day, hiding in the shadows ready to attack. They say when a person is missing Trico is the one who took them. And ate them.A shudder went through me. Though, I felt as if I understood what Trico was. An outcast, seeking attention.