First Christmas ↣ Parent!Dan & Parent!Phil

Start from the beginning

"Dan."

"—Heck," Dan finishes, looking down at his feet. "Heck."

You tilt your head to the side, confused. "Daddy," you ask, looking up at Phil, "what's Daddy talking about?"

"Oh, u-um, nothing," Phil stutters as he picks you up and puts you on his hip. "How about we start with the icing?"

"O-Okay." You smile and lean your head on Phil's chest.

A warm and fuzzy feeling rises up inside you. You've never made Christmas cookies before, and you've definitely never spent Christmas with such a loving family before.

"Daddies?" You whisper.

"(Y/N)? Something wrong?" Phil asks. Dan puts down the cookies and looks at you, concerned.

You chew on your lip and smile.

"I love you."

*~*~*~*

You take a sip of your steaming hot chocolate. You're sitting on the couch, cuddled closely between Dan and Phil. A furry green blanket is wrapped tightly around the three of you. The TV glows with the classic Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer movie.

You set down your hot chocolate and nibble on the edge of your Christmas cookie. It's one that Dan made, with an intricate icing drawing of a Shiba Inu in a Christmas hat.

Dan yawns and leans his head on Phil's shoulder.

"Daddy!" You whine. "Don't fall asleep yet!"

"Why, (Y/N)?" Dan murmurs, smiling dreamily.

"It's Christmas Eve!" You smile widely, your childish excitement creating butterflies in your stomach.

"It's Christmas Eve," Phil repeats, placing a gentle kiss on Dan's forehead.

*~*~*~*

Your eyelids flutter open, and you let out a yawn. Gentle light pours through your windows. You sit up in your little bed, and with a stretch, push back the duvet.

You suddenly gasp, and your eyes widen to the size of the moon.

"Daddies!" You shriek in delight. "Daddies!"

You jump out of bed and sprint to your dads' bedroom just next door.

"Daddies! Daddies, wake up! It's Christmas!" You shout.

With a running start, you jump up onto your dad's bed.

"Wake up wake up wake up!" You squeal, bouncing up and down.

"Wh—(Y/N)?" A tired voice mumbles.

"(Y/N)? What are you—"

"Daddies get up! Let's go to the lounge!"

"Okay, okay," Dan laughs, putting his hand up to calm you down. He props himself on his elbow. Phil grabs his glasses off of the bedside table.

You stop bouncing and look at them with wide eyes.

"Why—" Dan pauses to yawn. "—why do we have to go to the lounge?" He asks, smirking a bit.

You roll your eyes. "Because! Santa came!"

Dan and Phil exchange glances, then break out into huge smiles.

"Well let's go then!" Phil says happily.

"Yay! Finally!" You exclaim, exasperated.