27: Orientation

"Rise and shine," a voice spoke as I felt a hand shove me. I groaned and swatted the hand away as I curled into the pillow, face planted. "You forgot to name the four divas."

"That sounds like a good name," I murmured after ripping my face from the pillow for a moment. I yawned and stretched. "There, the deed is done. Four divas. Stellar."

He chuckled. "Individually."

I groaned. "Ugh, fuck, Joker, I'll let you do stuff to me if you let me sleep five minutes longer, just don't shake me around too much," I spoke, burrowing myself under my blankets.

I had hung out with Charlotte all morning and afternoon before she left, and it was now 6:00PM and I was exhausted. It was funny how tireless medical work or grunt work for Joker didn't phase me, but shopping and being out in public with hundreds of people crowding the street exhausted me. I wanted to turn in early, and leave my nurses to figure out the night routine. Just one problem, though. I had forgotten to call them to ask for them to take care of the regular patients. Changing wounds, taking off stitches, sawing off casts. . . That sort of jazz.

"As amazing as that sounds," he purred, his hand sliding up and down my back. "No. Get up."

I groaned loudly as I pushed the blankets aside and stood up. "There," I spoke, then leaned into his chest, burying myself in his suit jacket. I smelled in the beautiful scent of gasoline and gunpowder. I felt his arms envelop me. "I'll keep their regular names unless they piss me off," I spoke.

"What are their regular names?"

"I don't know," I sighed. "They insulted me, so I wanted them out of my sight. I'll page them back in," I spoke, clicking on a button on my beeper. I let go of him, and started to dress in my outfit as Joker watched with a smirk. "Hm?" I questioned.

"Word spreads fast that you and I are together. Walked in on our henchmen wondering what our favorite position is."

I scrunched my nose. "That's weird. Are they that obsessed?" I sighed. "Starting to like being on all fours, though," I spoke with a wink. He snickered. "But I also like seeing your face as we go at it." I spoke, my arms loosely hung around his neck once my clothes were all on.

He gently nibbled on the tip of my nose.

"Too bad you just called your team," he sighed. "I'd like to find out my answer. Which one's my favorite."

I grinned as his hands slid down to my ass. He cupped it. "When did you start to get super sweet?" I asked.

"This is what you consider sweet?" he cackled, licking the inside of his mouth. "Ah, doll, you're very interesting."

"I mean, before I'd have caught you with another chick by now. Or, well, not holding me like you are now."

"Oh, trust me, I'd have held your ass before, too," he wriggled his eyebrows. "Gotta love this ass."

"Yeah as much as I love this ass," I said, pushing his chest softly, referring to him. After a second of thought, my eyes widened as I realized I had just told him I loved him.

"I, uh—" I stammered. "I—Oh, God, I didn't realize what I was saying until after I said it."

He awkwardly shifted where he stood. He was about to respond when I heard the sounds of heels clicking on my operating floor, and opened my bedroom door all the way to see the four girls standing there. I awkwardly pulled myself out of Joker's embrace as he stood there stiffly.

I cleared my throat as I eyed the four girls, each had a new demeanor that didn't piss me off. They weren't subservient, but they weren't defiant either. "Names?" I asked. I pointed to the bald girl. "Go."