3: Medical Supplies [Revised]

"So, you're our nurse now," one of the masked men questioned. His mask had a blue smile and red horizontal lines through the eyes, I recognized it as Gilly's old mask. "Interesting. From hooker to nurse."

I sighed, frowning. "I'm not a hooker. I never was. They thought I was."

"You mouthin' off back there?" The driver questioned. I bit my tongue, and turned my gaze to look at the floor of the van.

"Hey, take it easy on her," one of the other henchmen spoke. He had a mask with a red frown, and green vertical lines through the eyes. "She seems normal. She's not crazy like the rest of us."

I silently thanked the man with my eyes, then looked back down.

I was not crazy like they were.

I had to keep reminding myself of that fact. I had just agreed to work with The Joker instead of accepting sweet death.

The van screeched to a halt, causing me to fly forwards into the front seat of the van, my head slamming against the windshield. The impact wasn't too harsh, I would be okay, I would just be pretty embarrassed for the rest of the night. The men cackled at this, the cranky driver grabbing me by the wrist and yanking me out of the front seat and onto the floor like a rag doll. He closed the driver's door behind me, and lifted me to my feet, grabbing onto my breasts as he did so. I felt violated, holding my arms around my body as I followed the other men into the hospital.

I felt a hand grab the back of my head as my vision was temporarily blurred until all I could see was what my eye-holes allowed me to. I was wearing some sort of cloth mask as four men walked in front of me to guide me, but this was my field of expertise, and I pointed towards a cart.

"Take everything in there," I spoke, then turned to look at a doctor. "I'm sure you know what's going on. I need your nurses to gather all of the materials in the carts and in the hospital rooms and give them to me in large garbage bags. I need them organized, I also need a separate bag with any drug you can find, I want a pharmacy in a garbage bag. Got it?" I spoke. "Please."

Dammit, why would I say please? I awkwardly turned to look at the henchmen who seemed to roll their eyes at me as they seemed to help the nurses gather the supplies I pointed at, I sat on the desk where the nurses had previously been sitting and I watched the security cameras.

"Five minutes, tops!" the henchman driver stated, pointing a gun at the doctor. "This lady needs her supplies. We'll kill all of you on our way out if we don't get all we need. Got it?"

I shivered at his domineering voice. He terrified me, and I didn't want to be around him a second longer.

"It's okay," the nice masked man spoke to me firmly before he tied up a bag and started to carry it out. He motioned for me to follow with him. "We need you safe in the van. We're nearing the fifth minute, police response time for this hospital is seven. We're narrowly going to make it out of the gunfire," the man spoke as he placed the bag in the backseat. "We're armed. You aren't."

I watched him curiously. "I-if I may ask, why are you so nice to me?" I questioned. I took my seat in the van as he took his, across from me. "A-and what is your name?"

"My name's Will. And, I'm nice because. . . You're not the type to be around guys like us." He shrugged. "Seems like sometimes, no matter what good you do, life knocks you in a hard place."

I felt his words hit me hard. He understood me. "Yeah," I whispered. "Sounds about right."

The sound of gunshots exploded throughout the alleyway we were parked in, and I let out a yelp as more duffle bags were thrown into the backseat, as henchmen tried desperately to fit around Will and I.

"Let's go home quickly, Boss needs you for orientation," the driver spoke. "Everyone get in, when we get home I'm going to bring her to Joker while you guys put the supplies away." his words made me shiver in disgust. I turned to find Will, he caught the action, his eyes flickered as he looked in the front seat to narrow his eyes at the driver.

Will spoke with an edge in his voice. "I'll assist her there, not you."

"Why?" the driver snorted. He was eyeing me up and down, sending a shiver down my spine. 

Will's face contorted with disgust. "Because I'm not a fucking creep, and Joker will rip you to shreds if you touch her, again." Will responded sharply. His words were so sharp, I almost took a step away from him in surprise. 

The van ride was silent the whole ride home, I felt a shiver course through me again and nausea strike as I truly realized the type of people I was with now. I was with the lowest of the low.

How did I get here?