14: Miss Bloodthirsty

I sat in the front seat with Joker in our van as he drove to the park where the Senator was hosting his celebration. I tilted my head and watched him curiously as he zoomed around traffic. I grinned now.

"Why are you staring at me?" Joker questioned, I could hear the irritation in his rough voice.

"Because you're confusing, but that's okay, I guess I am, too," I spoke. I grinned now.

"Yeah, Miss split personalities."

I snickered. "Is it so odd that I meet you and my mind cracks in half?"

He glanced at me for a brief moment before snickering. He parked his car right next to the park, and turned to me. He handed me a gun. "Take this M4 Carbine. Don't shoot anyone just yet, just spook them."

I frowned. "Aw, you're no fun."

His eyebrows raised at this. "I am fun, I am the Joker."

I stuck my tongue out at him defiantly, letting out a short giggle. "Oh, come on, J," I purred, leaning against the center console to hover my face right below his, looking up at him with my big eyes. I held a frown, and he let out a sigh and a grin before he grabbed me by the throat, constricting his fingers until it was a struggle for me to breathe. This was funny to me, and I let out a loud moan. "Oh, J!"

He quickly released me and let out a frustrated growl. "You need to hate me, Lucy."

I let out a high pitched squeal. "Hate you? You made me who I am, J, I owe you. . . " I spoke, running my fingers down his neck. "Whatdya say, how 'bout we postpone this. . .Act of terrorism, to go back home, and fu—"

"Focus," Joker spoke, pointing out of the windshield to the crowd of innocent civilians, it created a swirl of desire in my mind that clouded all rationality, a desire to kill. I opened the car door and smirked, I started to walk up to the group of people with my gun raised to the sky. I let it off as Joker came up behind me, he brushed against my ass for a brief second before running past me to let off his own gun into the sky as he started to laugh maniacally, he approached the Senator after putting a bullet in the skulls of his two bodyguards. I squealed in delight as I put a gun in the face of his wife, but I froze once I saw the look in her eyes.

The large, innocent blue eyes that stared into my soul, and asked me what I was doing.

I placed my finger on the trigger, daring myself to shoot her, daring myself to live life on the edge like I had wanted, but I couldn't do it. The small voice of Lucy, deep inside the back of my head, begged me not to.

I turned my gaze back to Joker, who had the Senator in a headlock as he laughed. "Remember, this is my city, there's nothing you can do to fix it," he sneered before throwing the Senator onto his face. I started to wave my gun around haphazardly, hoping it would go off and shoot someone, anyone.

"Let's go now, Miss Morphine, we've had our fun," Joker spoke as he started to walk back to me, his hand gripped onto my wrist as he started to yank me back to our vehicle, I let out a giggle.

"Ooh, you're getting violent with me lately, you know I don't like being pushed around," I spoke to him as he opened my passenger door for me and helped me in quickly. I started to put on my seatbelt as he got into the driver's seat. "You're supposed to protect me from that kind of stuff," I spoke, looking at him.

He froze for a moment, he turned to look at me. He was obviously taken back from my words. "I'm the guy who you need to be protected from, not the other way around, doll," he spoke as he quickly kicked his vehicle in reverse, then in drive as we peeled out of there and drove full speed back to the warehouse. The whole car ride was silent, and I watched as his expression would change. He was having an internal battle, and I wanted to know what side of him had won.

I leaned back in my seat, letting out a soft sigh as I waited, but I felt an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach as Lucy started to reemerge, pushing aside Miss Morphine for a brief moment of sanity.

Who was I? What did I want from Joker? What was going on inside of my head?