A Froggy Kiss

" How do I know that you're actually Hopper and not only just a talking frog?" Briar teased while giggling

" Oh come on Briar, it's me. Can't you tell?" Hopper replied in his mellow voice embarrassed " All you have to do is kiss me on my reptile cheek."

Once upon a time, in the land of Ever After, there lived a teenage girl who was the princess of Beauty Hollow named Briar Beauty and lived a quirky, but thoughtful teenage boy who was the prince of Croaking-ton Lake named Hopper Croaking-ton II. They were really good friends....in fact, best friends.

   They figured that they would hang out at the Enchanted Pond which was one of the lakes which was beside Hopper's kingdom. Hopper wanted to impress Briar by acting out one of his poems that he wrote, but unfortunately, he stuttered which caused him to turn into a frog. Oh curses!

     The most embarrassing part about the curse was that the cure included someone he loved to kiss him in order to turn him into a human again.

Briar laughed and pecked a kiss on his froggy cheek as he transformed back into a human.

    " Sorry that you have to deal with me." Hopper whispered with shame as his cheeks went rosy red.

   "Aw Hopper, your my best friend and I'll be your friend no matter what you have." Briar said "Plus, you should feel bad for yourself because you're the one who has the curse."

    " Hey, how about we talk about something else other than that? I heard that your parents are hosting a ball tonight."

    " Oh, right." Briar mumbled, she didn't want to be reminded of that.

    " What's wrong?" Hopper asked worried, he hated it when Briar was upset.

     " I thought you liked balls," Hopper added " especially the food...like chocolate!"

     Hopper nudged Briar's shoulder playfully as she laughed.

     " I sure love chocolate! But it's not that. It's just that-never mind, I can't."

    Hopper could sense with his froggy senses that the conflict was about him, he could feel it.

    " Come on Briar, you can tell me. I'm your best friend." Hopper pleaded.

    " I just...can't." Briar said as Hopper pleaded.

    " I have to know, I can't bear to see you like this..."

    Briar stood up from the rocks that they sat on across from the pond and started to walk towards the road that led to her palace. Hopper followed her along the way.

    As they strolled following the rickety path, Hopper and Briar spoke no word to one another and stayed in deep silence. They were in that much silence that they could hear the wind blowing against their hair. As the wind blew, Hopper's confidence built up to speak again.

    " Briar, I'm sorry that I forced you to tell me, it was wrong." Hopper confessed as the princess looked up from looking down at the stone patterned road.

     Briar sighed deeply as she stood to a stop " I just don't want to hurt you Hopper. But if you really want to..."

     "I have a clue of what it is." Hopper replied. He looked at Briar's warm maple eyes as he also sighed affectingly "It's about my curse."

      As the frog prince confessed, Briar looked down with her heart ready to tear open " My parents don't want you to come...because of that."

      Hopper looked down then he looked up with one of his mad ideas upon him " I'll still find a way to go."

     Briar smiled and giggled as she gave a peck on Hopper's cheek playfully as the prince blushed. It felt...wonderful. The best part was that this time, it wasn't because he turned into a frog.

Hey everybody! There's the first part of A Froggy Kiss! Stay in tune for the next part! Have a great day! See ya!
-HubbyBubby14