Why Does Everyone Care So Much?

Heyo! COMMENTS MAKE ME SO HAPPY!(: You can't imagine, I looked at the comments on the last chapter yesterday and I was like...MUST WRITE MORE! It gives me a great confidence boost, thanks! Enjoy!

--yaoifangirl32;)

  Overall, the whole school day could be summed up in one word: horrible.

  Kaiba's glares pierced right through me like daggers. When I was walking out to the bus stop to meet up with Yugi, I spotted him, "Kaiba-" I had started, grabbing onto the fabric of the sleeve on his uniform, but he violently shoved his elbow back, throwing me to the ground. I touched my lip; it was bleeding from the impact.

  I looked up, but he just continued walking away as if nothing had happened. "Kaiba..." I mumbled under my breath before getting up and gathering the books that fell out of my bag.

  After I had gathered everything up, I hurried to meet with Yugi or I'd be late.

  I wondered if it really hurt Kaiba so much. I really wanted to remember everything. Duke told me he didn't care about me, but that's not what it looked like. Kaiba just glared at me all day and it hurt, more because in his eyes I could tell he felt hurt...or more like betrayed...

  “You alright?” Yugi asked, noticing my bleeding lip as we climbed onto the bus just on time.

  I nodded, “Oh it’s nothing…I just uh…fell.”

  "Yugi-kun? Do we have Kaiba's number somewhere?" I asked, pretending to just be asking out of innocent curiosity.

  "I think you had it on your cell, why?" Yugi asked absent mindedly while playing videogames on his DS.

  I shrugged, "Oh...I was just thinking I'd give him a call. He was upset all day..."

  "Mm..." Yugi murmured.

  I sighed and went up to my room, finding my cell on the bedside table. I took a deep breath as I called Kaiba's number.

  One ring. Two rings. Kaiba, please pickup..."What the hell do you want, Mutou." Kaiba spat.

  "I-I-I..." what could I say? I didn't really know exactly why I called him..."Well...you were upset all day and I want to say I'm sorry. Duke told me that we used to be together but...anyway...I lost my memory so I'm trying to get it back..."

  Kaiba growled, "Stop feeding me lies...Anna..." he sounded as if he were to continue but instead hung up.

  I sighed, oh well I guess...

  After sitting there staring at my phone for a while, I decided to go and visit Duke. I went to my closet and pulled out a dress that seemed pretty. It was a sleek red strapless dress, the top edge adorned with little black jewels, and somehow it seemed kind of familiar. I fell backwards at an abrupt flashback of a memory.

~Flashback~

Seto stood infront of me to block my way, "And where do you think you're going?" he asked, "We still have a movie to go to."

  "Well I'm NOT going like this." I stated stubbornly, motioning to my food-stained clothes.

  He smirked, "I can fix that." and grabbed my arm, dragging me back in direction of the restaurant. I saw the privacy window go up and I couldn't help but blush beet red. Kaiba went around and I heard the trunk open and then clothes were shoved into the limo with me. "Change." Kaiba stated, closing the door and patiently waiting outside.

  After I was done changing, I opened the door and Kaiba took my ruined clothes and disposed of them in a dumpster. I started yelling at him until he shoved a big fat check in my hand that almost made me faint. I regained balance quickly though and shoved it back in his hand, "I don't want your money Kaiba." I stated, and then hopped back in the limo, "Don't we have a movie to catch?"