It was quite a ride

Chapter 4- It was quite a ride

I really didn’t want to wake up this morning but no, I had to get ready for school. Bleh, I never liked school except for when I was with my friends. I slightly pouted, they weren’t here now.

I was on my own, well I did have Alex with me. He was a serious danger to the world. I was in his car right now since we were in the same school he decided to pick me up.

I had smiled at his thoughtfulness then, but now I holding onto the car for my life. Alex was a crazy driver and when I say crazy, I mean speed racing type of crazy.

I could see the school down the street and let out a sigh of relief thinking that this nightmare would be over quick.

The car suddenly stopped and I went crashing to the front seat. I screamed thinking I was going to smash my head but the seatbelt saved me. The guy who invented the seatbelt now had my blessings.

I turned to look at Alex and see if he was okay when I noticed he wasn’t there. I started to panic but then I saw I saw him outside yelling at the other driver who would’ve crashed into us and my heart rate slowed down slightly.

I went out and saw Alex screaming obscenities at the teenager. I sighed and went to go get him. I didn’t want to be late and even though I could’ve walked I didn’t want  to just leave him here.

“Alex,” I said impatiently. When he didn’t hear me I said his name a little louder. “It’s okay Alex no one’s hurt. You, me, this kid, and YOUR CAR are fine,” I said exaggerating the part when I mentioned his car.

When he didn’t turn around, I stood there patiently waiting for him to let it all out.

“And if I ever see you again anywhere near my car I swear you won’t have yours anymore.” He said threateningly. Sheesh, boys and their cars.

I get it we could’ve gotten hurt, but we didn’t and the kid made one mistake. We didn’t need to scare him to death now, did we.

The radio was on nice and loud when I saw Alex stalking his way over to the car. He looked less mad now, guess he took everything out on the kid. Poor boy, after today I know I never want to face Alex’s wrath because he can be one scary monster when he wants to be.

We quietly made it to school with a few minutes to spare before the bell rang. 

“Sorry Allie,” he said apologetically turning to face me after a few quiet minutes.

“Don’t worry about it, s’all good bro.” I said smiling and lightly punching him on the arm.

We got out of the car and he led me to the office, showing me the different parts of the school on the way.

This school was pretty decent, it didn’t look like there were bad people either. When we reached the office the bell had already rung so Alex left quickly to go to his class not without muttering some encouraging words and giving me a hug though.

That boy really was too sweet. I made my way inside.

The secretary was very nice and made conversation with me. “Hi honey, I’m Ms. Taylor. New to this school huh?” she asked cheerily. I nodded.

“Yeah, seems like a nice school. I was just wondering if I could get my schedule?” I asked politely giving her my name and student number.

“Just give me a sec hun.” She said quickly printing out my schedule and giving me a small map of the school.

Saying thanks I left and took a look at my schedule.

1st- English with Mr. McFeely

I burst out laughing just reading my first teacher’s name. Mr. McFeely, really?! Shaking my head, grinning I took a look at the rest of my schedule.