Chapter 30

Very important a/n at the end, thanks

Gemma's pov

We didn't win the championship, but I still had a really nice time with Luke.

We were walking out of the stadium when something came to my mind.
"Luke?"
"Yeah?"
"How did you get those seats?"

"What do you mean?"
"Those seats are really expensive and are usually the first to sell out."
It didn't seem like much, but it didn't make sense considering Luke and I only got together that morning.

"So?"
"So you would've had to know like ages ago that we would get back together."

He sighed.
"I bought the tickets nearly a year ago."
"What? How?"
"Well- I only bought those tickets last night."

I looked at Luke slightly confused as we left the stadium.
"I bought you tickets for the last game of the season. Which fell on the day of our two year anniversary, but we broke up. So when I saw the chance to take you out, I traded them to some guy for those tickets for tonight."
"What? Luke! You totally got ripped off!"

Tickets for the last game of the season are always the most expensive ones because it's made such a big event.

"I know but I just needed tonight to be special."
"And you say you're not romantic." I smiled, playfully shoving him with my shoulder.

"You tell anyone and you'll be sorry."
"Are you trying to scare me?"
"It's more of a threat, really."

"You wouldn't dare."
"Try me."
"You're such a faker Lucas."

After I called him Lucas, he took off.
He just started jogging ahead of me.

I groaned, "Luke!" I called.
"You have thirty seconds once I get to the car." He stopped, quite a distance ahead of me.
"Or what?"
"You're walking!" He called.

"You're bluffing!"
"Do you really wanna take that chance?" Luke laughed.

I stopped walking and folded my arms. There was no way he would leave me.

"Suit yourself." He shrugged.

With that being said, he turned and took off.
It took me a short while to process that he was being serious before I attempted to run after him.

I wasn't running particularly fast, and neither was he because he knows I'm not fast.
I got to the outside of the car park to find Luke inside the car with the window down.

"TWENTY-NINE... THIRTY!" He shouted as I approached the car.
"Shut up."
"Sorry, Gem. You're too late."

I went to reach for the car door and he drove slightly. I did it again, and so did he.
And again.
And again.
And again.

Luke was inside the car killing himself with laughter.
"Okay, okay. I'm done."
"Thank you, Lucas." I replied, my hand reaching the handle this time.

"Oooh! You're going to pay for that." He replied before locking the car door.

He was really trying my patience.
"You're such a little shit!"

I stood and folded my arms in a huff before an idea came to my head.

I saw Nathan, a guy in our politics class that I knew liked baseball meaning he was at the game. He is attractive but I could never see him as boyfriend material. He was standing beside a car, searching in his pocket for what I assumed was his keys.

I smirked at Luke and he looked confused. I walked over to Nathan.
"Nathan?"
"Hey, Gemma. What's up?"

I knew to piss Luke off I would have to act flirty. Thankfully for me, Nathan is completely oblivious to the number of girls that throw themselves at him and wouldn't know flirting if it slapped him in the face.

"Would you mind giving me a lift home?" I pouted, my tone was an attempt to be flirty but I was completely useless at it.
"Yeah sure." He smiled, opening the passenger door for me.

I looked over at Luke and put my hand on my chest with an open-mouthed smile as if to say 'what a gentleman' while getting into the car.

Next thing I know he's out of the car and at Nathan's car window.

"Okay, that's enough. Gemma get out." Luke said.
"Dude, I'm just giving her a lift home." Nathan added defensively as if he had done something wrong.
"Yeah but that's my pleasure. Come on, Gem. Let's go." He motioned for me to get out of the car and I laughed while doing so.

"I'm sorry about this Nathan. Thank you anyway."
"Any time." He replied and Luke shot him a look that would kill him.

"What the fuck was that?" Luke asked when we both got into the car.
"What? You wouldn't let me in."
"So you do that? Jealousy brings out the worst in people."
"Yeah but you're hot when you're jealous."
"What has gotten into you? I'm always hot." Luke added jokingly, I knew it was true, but Luke wasn't purposely being cocky, he was trying to be sarcastic.

"Just take me home." I laughed.
He smiled and started the car.

Luke and I arrived at our old apartment and we sat in the car for a bit.

"Thanks for tonight," I smiled, "I had fun."
"I did too."

I looked out the window at my apartment door. I really didn't want to leave the car.

"You know what I realised?" Luke asked.
"What?"
"Did we ever even go on dates last year?"
"I don't think we did..."

"I like going on dates with you."
"You too, Lucas."
"Um. No."
"Why do you hate your name so much?"

"That, my dear, is a story for another day."
"Okay." I laughed, "well I should probably head." I replied but neither of us moved.

"Remember when we used to live together?"
"Yeah it was like a few weeks ago." I laughed.

"I miss that."
"I miss us. The old us."
"Me too... you know, maybe someday things can go back to the way they used to be?"

"Maybe they can... Goodnight, Luke."
"Sweet dreams, Gemma."

I stretched across the car and gave Luke quite a long kiss before getting out of the car. He watched me until I got into my apartment before he drove away.

It was safe to say that if Luke kept acting this way, he'd be back by my side in no time.
Without him in the apartment it just feels like a part of me is missing.

Important a/n - I KNOW ITS LONG BUT PLEASE READ IT!!

I'm going to have to cut my updates to once a week, I'm really really sorry but for some reason my mum isn't happy with me getting A's and B's because she thinks I should be getting straight A's and is making me work my ass off until my GCSEs in a few months time and is taking my phone most mornings and I simply won't have time to update every two days.

I know I'm only after a break for exams and the break made me realise how much I missed writing because it calms me from my shit but apparently A's and B's aren't good enough for my mum.

I AM SO SORRY GUYS