Chapter 39

*Skipping ahead about a year or so*
So the smut was going to be in this chapter but no one could write it for me so i've had to change this chapter off the top of my head

-----

Luke's pov

Easiest decision ever: What is the best thing that's ever happened to me?

If someone had of asked me maybe three years ago what the best thing that ever happened to me was, I would've answered instantly that it was meeting Gemma.

I didn't think it could get any better.

Then she said she would marry me.

And I was on top of the world.

It definitely, positively, without a doubt couldn't get any better than that, right?
Wrong again, Luke.

That moment was topped. The two of us sitting in the drive thru of her favourite Chinese place was in the past. The new best thing that ever happened to me?

Watching the woman that I loved more and more as the days went on walk towards down an aisle packed with both of our friends and family in a signature white dress accompanied by my new father in law.

Gemma and I couldn't have been happier.

We waited for roughly a year after I proposed but we started planning right away. I kept my second job and Gemma started tutoring on top of her school work because she said it basically counts as revision because she's going over old topics.

We both had a good bit of money for the wedding. Jack insisted on pitching in a bit, as did Gemma and I's parents.

We had the most beautiful winter wedding ever.

Gemma aced all the exams she needed to get accepted to university. After receiving all of the information she needed to know about the schools she wanted to apply to, she thought the tuition fee was too much and refused to let me pay for it.

So she decided to study at a Tech.
Forty quid a year, four hours a day, four days a week.

She wants to be an accountant or something smart like that.

I'm currently taking online courses to qualify myself to become a primary (/elementary) school teacher.

We got married at the end of November because it was when her parents got married and it meant a lot to her.

We had the honeymoon in the middle of December which was absolutely amazing. We went to the Bahamas for a week.

We went swimming with the dolphins because apparently it's normal to do that there. We got completely and utterly pissed. We danced around a lot. We did some sight seeing and walking through nature trails and stuff.

We also went to water parks. Literally every single one. I lay by the pool in our villa, tanning for nearly a whole day while Gemma went around shopping until her heart was content.

On our last night we had the best meal I had ever tasted, then we watched the sun set from out the back of the place we had rented and then we got a shower, together and things got a bit heated... And yeah...

We were currently celebrating our first Christmas together as a married couple and nothing could have made me happier.

The morning was literally nothing special, we made breakfast and kissed a lot more than usual before showering and changing and heading out to see our parents.