Chapter 9

Calum and I pulled up to a small diner within minutes of me finishing the Big Time Rush song.

The place was surprisingly deserted.

Calum and I took a booth near the back and each ordered food and a drink.

"So, Miss Carter." Calum smiled.
"Mr Hood."

"Long time no see."
"Tell me about it." I groaned.

"How's life?"
"Lonely." I laughed slightly.
"You mean in that year long relationship with the guy you live with and that likes to kiss you basically every time he sees you? That lonely life?"
"I wish my life was still like that." I chuckled, but Calum didn't.

Calum's facial expression was overturned with a look of concern.

"It's nothing."
"Gem, you can tell me. I'm here for you." Calum smiled sympathetically which reminded me as to the entire reason why I called Calum to meet up after school.

Our food came and we thanked the server before I told Calum every little detail about what was happening with Luke and I.

"Don't you mind that he's leaving so often?" Calum asked after waiting patiently for me to explain.
"Of course I do."
"Then why don't you tell him? He'll understand."

"I don't know," I sighed, "I just figured that if he had to leave me so often then it has to be something important."
"Yeah that's a good point."

Calum and I sat in silence for a few minutes afterwards, before I broke the silence.

"What if he's cheating on me?"
Calum's head immediately shot up to make direct eye contact with me.
"Why would you think that?!"
"Well he's leaving a lot, he won't tell me why, no one else knows and when I try to talk about it he changes the subject..."

I would be lying if I said this was the first time that cheating came into my mind. It just seemed to add up.

"Gemma, Luke knows what it feels like to be cheated on, he knows the embarrassment and the depression it can sometimes cause. He knows how much it damages a person's trust. He wouldn't wish that upon anyone and he certainly wouldn't be the one to do it."

"You're right... I don't know I jus- I can't think of any other logical reasons why he would be leaving and not telling me why."
"Luke knows how lucky he is to have you after what you've both been through, he's not stupid enough to put that in jeopardy."

"Thanks, Cal."
"No problem." He smiled.

"So, how's your life going?"
"It's good except I like this girl from my school and I'm stuck in the friend-zone."

"Ooh!" I squealed. "What's her name? What's she like? How did you meet her? Is she smart? What are her hobbies? Do I have anything in common with her?"
"Do you wanna know where she lives and what her parents do for a living too, mum?" Calum asked sarcastically.

"I need details, Calum!"

"Okay, okay! Her name is Hannah, she's blonde, slightly smaller than me, she's super nice and intelligent and funny and we met at football(or soccer) tryouts, obviously she was trying out for the girls team, and she likes music and watching football(or soccer) as well as playing."
"Aw she sounds so nice!"
"Yeah.. she's also a year and a half younger than me."

"Who fucking cares?" I laughed slightly.
"Good point. But I'm stuck in the friend-zone."
"To us and our hopeless love lives." I announced, holding my glass of Coke in the air as Calum did the same with his milkshake.

"D'you know what we need?" Calum smirked.
"What?"
"Something to take our mind off of our troubles."
"You want to go to a bar or a club, don't you?"
"Yes ma'am, I do." Calum replied with a teethy grin.

"Fine, we'll pay for this and go."
"Yes!" Calum exclaimed, clapping his hands together as though he had just won money on a scratch card.

"Hey, do you have Hannah's number?" I asked.
"Yeah, why?"
"Does she have a boyfriend?"
"No..."
"Call her. She's coming with us."

"What?! Why?!" Calum asked as I grabbed my coat and stood up for us to leave.

"Calum Thomas Hood, I will get you out of the friend-zone tonight if it's the last thing I do."

a/n - sorry guys, For it taking longer than expected to update

THIS WASNT EVEN PROOF-READ SO FEEL FREE TO POINT OUT MISTAKES SO I CANT FIX THEM!