37; the untouchable

n o t e

yes, you're not dreaming at all. i wrote the whole chapter after i've posted the previous chapter. literally after posting it, i immediately started writing this. i was on a roll, you know.

this chapter is very important to the whole story. although it may not answer some of the book's biggest questions, it will definitely clear up a huge chunk of mystery on the plot. but not all of it.

i hope you like it as much i enjoyed writing it. x

sky

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

shameless cast posting again

[ arthur; paige; owen; cain ]

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

thirtyseven

the untouchable

PAIGE SAID HER thank you to the waiter as he placed down the pizza between her and Jouwee.

"Wow, this looks good," Jouwee mumbled, rubbing her hands together in absolute anticipation.

She couldn't stop talking about the new pizza place which she only saw on Instagram a few days ago, and the hype seemed to live up to its loud reputation. They went for their best seller, which had four types of cheese, steak shavings, fried onion rings, pineapple, barbecue and chili meat sauce among others, and it was as big as a tire of a ten-wheeler truck.

And although Paige was trying to eat healthy, it wouldn't hurt to indulge herself with the ones she'd normally frown upon. But this one was morbidly unhealthy, but looked so tempting at the same time.

Paige groaned. "Holy moly, it does. And it smells amazing! This looks like a slow death, though."

"Oh, shush. Just dig in." So they did, and after a couple of mouth-grappling and oily struggles, Jouwee talked between a filled mouth, "So, what're your plans for Christmas? Other than staring at Malcolm's hot ass?"

Paige choked on her pizza, and stared at her in horror. "I wasn't staring at his butt! And he's, like, twenty-eight or nine. He's practically an older brother. Wait, why're we even having this Malcolm-conversation?" She sighed when Jouwee winked, just as she placed her half-eaten pizza on her plate, licking her thumb. "I don't know, yet. Always went for a vacation in the past, sometimes to somewhere warmer, but now–I don't think that's possible. My training's on-going and I can't just abandon my work, you know?"