01; the heiress

—Forewarning—

the story will be in two parts (30 x 30; plus-minus an epilogue), so if you wonder why cyborg isn't much mentioned from the earlier chapters, then there's a purpose to it—so most probably, you will read more of him on the second part of the book (as the synopsis stated), as well as owen. first part will be more of arthur, mostly.

i'll be using third person multiple as this will give me more room to move around from character to character, point a to point b, you get the gist (although most of it will be on paige's pov since this is still her story about her search true love after all). this is relatively new to me so i'll be really careful with the head hops, but rest assured that there will be chapter breaks for it before we head on to another character's pov.

this is my most complicated work as of late, a little bit heavy on drama, so please bear with where i'm going with this. the story will start kind of slow but it'll pick up faster as you go on. you're going to love and hate the characters and everything in between. also, paige, our main character, is someone that you might not like—in spite of her wealth and beauty, she's still flawed through and through. and you might not like her for it. so if you can't resonate with weak characters as her, then you can freely drop this book altogether. anyways, this is going to be one hell of a ride. see you at the crossroads!

alright, off you read.

sky

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

PAIGE BELIEVED IN the saying that we eat lies when our hearts are hungry.

She hadn't realized this back when Arthur Huxley set foot into her life and had crumbled all her defenses. He just moved to her university then, she lately perceived, when it had started going the rounds that he was one of the new transfers that year. It was no surprise that they knew this, regardless of how massive the campus was.

He was easily one of the most attractive guys around the school and even saying that would be to underestimate the matter dramatically.

For most of her life, Paige had been trying to keep a low-profile, so it wasn't much of a big deal when some people made her feel invisible. She had friends, sure, but her social life was almost non-existent, considering how her family had been firm about keeping a restrictive home grounds.

But for that one early morning of junior year, Arthur made her feel like she had always been under the limelight. That she was worth looking at and he couldn't tear his eyes off of her.

He'd tapped her shoulder, and without sounding like a math wizard, she was sure she'd leaped a foot in the air, before rounding to him. Paige had always been an early riser, so she'd been pretty consistent in driving to school and would arrive there before others do−so you wouldn't believe her shock when her gaze met probably the first gorgeous green eyes she'd seen in all of existence.

"Hey," the new guy had started in an uneasy fashion, and then subtly cleared his throat as if he'd understood that his sudden presence must had been surprising for her, "sorry, I didn't mean to...scare you."

Scare wasn't the right word, no. Paige was quite certain she was white as a paper, but not because of fear whatsoever. He was a potential heartbreak in flesh and her heart had caught on this rather quickly.