Chapter 34| Trouble

There are only a few things someone could say in a moment that caught them off guard, most of the time people can think off the top of their heads for the right things to say

There are only a few things someone could say in a moment that caught them off guard, most of the time people can think off the top of their heads for the right things to say. I was not that person, not for him anyways...

When you know a person it's quite easy to deceive them, I wouldn't say it's the best thing in the world. They're trusting you to be honest and loyal to them, so keeping things from them isn't hard. I would know, it's happened to me. But I was never the person to actually lie as much, but I guessed being around Lucifer himself was influencing to doing things I was bad at; However convincing him was going to be tricky, I had the option of telling him the truth. But I knew better, I was smarter than that. Time moved extremely slow in those few short seconds, but in that frame I was able to detect all things about this I wouldn't have paid attention to in the first place if he was never here. His arm gripped my lower back, holding me up against him while looking down at me in complete and utter shock. As if me being here was that surprising, but I guess it's kind of alerting due to the fact if this was a regular day then I wouldn't be caught here. He didn't know too much, but it was obvious this place made me so highly uncomfortable and he could tell, just by the way he touched me. His fingers gently rubbing circles into my exposed skin, after what seemed like a lifetime he dropped both of his arms. His chest still very much pressed up against mine, his breath being inhaled into my lungs and vice versa.

"I'm-" I paused, letting go of his shirt that I hadn't realized I gripped a bit too tightly for my liking. "My mom- I visited her."

That seemed like the perfect explanation of me even being here, as much as we both know I wouldn't come here on a good day, this was better than nothing.

His thick eyebrow raised up at me, my heartbeat accelerated as he analyzed my face. He took a few moments before sliding his large body past me, going towards the hall that led to N'dras room. "I thought you were with her all day?" He asked over his shoulder, expecting me to follow behind him.

I walked in a few short paces, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards me. It seemed like it was to my advantage, stopping him myself. But I was not that strong, he stopped because I grabbed him hand. Quickly dropping it and putting a bit of space in between us, catching my breath as he looked at me.

I had the option of fully admitting to Zayn that I was coming to see N'dra, which is the actual truth. But it would involve a series of questions and considering the fact I wasn't her biggest fan in the house, it would seem to be way too sketchy on my behalf. It also dawned on me to tell him what I heard, but that was more questionable than me even visiting her. He has known N'dra for a long time, it doesn't take much to see that. He cares about her in ways that seemed as if they were a couple, as if he liked her as much as she likes him. From afar it would seem as if they were a couple who had way too many problems to be considered stable. The point being is that he loves her, so if I were to tell him anything of her wanting to betray him just to get out of the business it would seem like I was lying. It was her word against mine, I wouldn't be able to compete against that cause I was around temporarily.