Chapter 12|A Break Through

Two Weeks Later

It's been a few days inside the house and I was ready to lose my mind, I was deprived of so many things and activities I took for granted.

I made the statement of not being a prisoner but he didn't light up on the watchful eyes at all, every corner I turned there was someone right there waiting for me.

He was never there, the day of the mall was the last time I fully seen him or anyone. I was beginning to think everyone was avoiding me, the only human that really interacted with me was Helga. But she made limited conversation, she tend to act as if she couldn't really speak English. Yet, whenever I walked into a room before she realized I was there, I could hear her chatting away with another worker.

It didn't bother me, I just didn't want any lies to spare my feelings. Whether she actually wanted to talk to me or if she was being forced, but I didn't let that stop me. I still showed my gratitude, mumbling a 'thank you' here and there.

I tried my best to make the best out of things, there were things I was limited of doing. Apparently work being done around the E-state, it was a lot of mysterious shit that I couldn't see.

Even my time outside was monitored, I could only get an hour and sometimes that seemed like five minutes. I wouldn't have mind it if it wasn't for the lack of television in my room.

Only Midknight kept me entertained, he didn't mind it though. I guess he could sense my mood, I swear he was the smartest dog. He almost seemed like a service dog, whenever he saw or felt like I was sad or in pain, he would bring me a twig or something he was saving from outside.

I bent down, running my fingers through his fur before standing up. I put my shirt over my head, and tugged it down my torso. I walked over towards my door, knocking a few times and moving back as it opened.

Another guy opened it, glancing at me for a moment. I recognized him from that night, he was Zayn's sidekick. One of the guys that shoved me into the car, I scoffed at him.

He was standing there, most likely taking in my appearance, he gave me a slight smile before rubbing at his chin.

"Ryder, right?" He asked with interest, leaning back.

"The only one captive in this whole building, yep." I commented before sliding past him and walking down the familiar hall.

I could hear the guy chuckle before walking after me, his laugh was bright and warm. It was weird having someone wanting to talk or laugh around me, it was sketchy and I wasn't going to entertain it.

"I see that you're healing better." He commented from behind, I didn't bother replying as I jogged down the stairs.

He was doing everything in his power to keep up, but I made sure to keep my pace fast enough. I honestly think he was trying to stay back, he was taller so it would've been easier for him to catch up.

I turned the corner and ran into a someone, I backed up slowly and sucked in a sharp breath.

"Hey." Taylor gave a smile, looking at me with happiness.

"Hello." I replied before walking around her into the kitchen, I sat in my usual spot as I waited for the food to be placed in front of me.

It was a daily thing I was used to now, I didn't want anything to be held up. Not even talking to her, but I know we needed to. Badly.

It was things left unsaid that needed to be discussed, not because it had to, but just to clear the air. We both were still tense and usually I would've cracked by now, it was just the leaving me isolated from everything wasn't something I wanted.