Chapter 17|Dynamite's Firecracker

Zayn

Zayn

The arena was semi-packed tonight, obviously not as filled while being in a completely different location. And the shock of a match happening tonight surprising everyone. Most of them probably had the notification set, whenever a fight was happening then a text message would alert them on their phones.

I stood in the back room, jabbing at the air while bouncing back and forth on each foot. Making sure to balance my stance and perfect my swings. Ryder stood in the far corner of the room, watching as I practice for my upcoming fight. I paused for a minute and faced her, her eyes widen a bit as she realized that she was caught.

My eyes trailed down, taking her entire outfit in and realized that she threw on an embarrassing pair of unicorn slippers with matching pants and a plain blue t-shirt. A smirk itching on my face as I looked back up at her, splashes of red began to form on the cheeks of her face as I looked her over.

"I didn't know that we were coming here." She whispered, talking low so only I could hear her.

"Dynamite, focus man."

I turned around, giving Denzel a look before continuing my warm ups. After each set, I sat down and snatching my electrolyte drink; Chugging down the salty liquid before wrapping each finger in tape.

My muscles flexed as I began stretching, making sure that I wouldn't be locked up while in the ring. The worst thing is all the stress that's been placed on me being shown, I never liked to let anyone see that. It was a mere sign of weakness, that I could let something affect me. Which is something I would regret ever happening, it's bad enough people have to see it at home. Let along showing a stadium full of people that wanted to admire the idea of me, someone who only fought as a career. Not a way of life, they all had their crazy ideas and rumors about me.

It never dawned on me that I was some type of hero, I would never want to be that. Even if I had a change of heart or I wasn't the actual person I were today. There will never be one ounce of good on my body, not one person who will see me like that while knowing the truth. Most people that found out ended up leaving me, some even thought it was possible to change me. Both were incapable of happening, it just left disappointments in us.

"You ready man?" Michael asked, coming inside.

I nodded, making sure the last bit of tape were wrapped securely and covering my knuckles.

I turned towards Ryder, looking at her while she watched everyone with a look of uncertainty, she was trying to appear unbothered but I could detect the anxiety radiating off her little body. She wasn't as happy being here the first time, but I guess this place happened to be the start of her problems. And being here with me wasn't making the situation better, I decided that could have a bit of a break. Besides the fact, I didn't need her back here, especially when every fighter looking at her.