Murder that bitch

KATIE'S POV

People looked at me, sniggering, as I walked through the corridors this morning. I kept my head down, holding my books up to my face thinking about what they could possibly be laughing about. I checked my skirt - it wasn't caught in my panties. I took out my pocket mirror - my makeup looked fine. What was going on?

That was when I saw it. Stuck right there, on my locker. Not that photo, no no no no no! I checked the corridor, the photos were littered everywhere, people were picking up more and more copies and giving me weird looks. The photo was really bad - it was a flash photo and I was sitting on a couch at a party, one side of my fake eyelashes falling off, lipstick smudged down my face. I looked awful, my mouth open and my eyes half shut.
For fucks sake! Fuck fuck fuck! I tore the poster away from the locker and ran, collecting as many sheets as I could on my way to the girls bathroom.

Sitting in the stall I put my head on my knees and started bawling my eyes out. My new life at high school was over before it had even started, and I had fucked it up myself. Good one Katie, way to start your popularity mission.
Of course I knew as soon as I saw the posters, this was the sly work of none other than -

"Lucy that was so funny!"
"Did you see her face?"
"She looked so horrified!"
A group of girls entered loudly into the bathroom shrieking and gossiping - about me.
"It was a great photo I have to admit. Oh dear she will be sooo embarrassed. Teaches her for fucking Kieran behind my back the little skank!" Lucy declared, and I could just hear the arrogant smirk plastered across her face.

The rest of the girls laughed and babbled in agreement at Lucy.

"I can't believe she could do that to you Luce!"

"She's not even hot?"

"What a slag..."

Ugh, I was so frustrated!!! I could murder that bitch! Without intending to, I kicked the door of the stall in anger. The room went silent.

"Hello? Is someone in there?"
I kept quiet as Lucy asked the question.
"Katie is that you?"
I held my breath and tucked my feet onto the toilet seat. Hours seemed to pass while I waited for my identity to be discovered. I wasn't ready to face her, not now, not today.
"Okay well whoever it is, I hope you know that if anyone finds out about what we were talking about - you'll be in for far worse. Come on girls."

I let out a sigh of relief as the door closed and put my head in my hands and ran my fingers through my hair. Why was I so scared of a girl my own age? Well, for one she's already ruined my school life, and anything I had going for me in terms of popularity. My chances of getting a boyfriend after the whole school seeing that photo were slim to none.
Lucy had said that if anyone told on her for what she had done to me, they would get far worse. So did I tell? Or get my own revenge?
Being a girl is so confusing.
Girls are mean. Mean, mean, mean.
But two can play at this game Lucy White.