Chapter 15

A/N: I had a week off so I thought I might as well give my readers another chapter. 2 in 1 week! I also added a song on the right for this chapter too. Make sure to check it out, it really reminds me of Violet and Alex's relationship. Hope you enjoy it (:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 15

I popped the last pea in my place into my mouth, ignoring the impatient stares around the table for dessert. I placed my knife and fork neatly on my plate and crossed my arms, signalling that I had finally finished my dinner.

"Took you long enough," Aaron scoffed, from across the table

Dinner had been extremely awkward. Conversation on the dinner table had taken a bland turn and dropped quickly. Dinner, on a whole, had pretty much been silent and had been focused around shooting, attempted secretive glances at me and Damien. My mother rose and started collecting up the dishes. I gave Damien a small pat on his arm and an apologetic smile, before I stood up and helped my mum carry the remaining plates into the kitchen.

"I'm going to go back inside and make sure your father doesn't scare the poor boy," my mother said, walking towards the door. "Can you bring in dessert for us all?" I nodded and she smiled, walking out the room.

I got up on my tiptoes and reached for the small plates for dessert. I heard footsteps and the door slowly shut. "What do you think you're doing, bringing that guy here?" Aaron nearly shouted as I placed the plates on the table.

I turned around and folded my arms. "What's the big deal of bringing him over? We're only friends."

"Are you? Because words been going round that you're getting close to some guy called Alex. Now on top of that, you're bringing another guy over too. You've got a boyfriend, Violet. He's actually a good guy. I don't want people calling my little sister a slut."

My mouth dropped and my eyes slightly watered. "Is that what you think of me? A slut."

"I don't know what to think. All I know is that a while ago, you didn't have a boyfriend and you didn't have two other guys hanging close."

I was silent, composing my thoughts on what to say next. The kitchen door slowly opened and Damien's head poked in. "I'm gonna head out."

"Oh, don't you want to stay for dessert?" I asked

"I think I'm going to pass. Thanks though." He turned to look at Aaron. "Nice seeing you again."

Aaron gave him a simple nod and a wave goodbye before walking out the room. I faked a smile. "Uhh, let me walk you to the door."

We walked through the dining room and outside, after shooting my parents a goodbye. I closed the front door behind us and folded my arms against the evening chill. "I'm sorry about dinner."

He chuckled. "Don't worry about it. It was fine and...expected, considering their teenage daughter just brought home a guy they've never met."

I smiled slightly. "I guess so."

"How about we hang out tomorrow?"

I bit my lip in thought and shook my head. "I can't tomorrow."

"Not another family dinner is it?" He laughed and pushed his hair out of his eyes.

I smiled. "No, it's not. I just planning on seeing someone tomorrow."

"Well how about the day after?"

"Sur-" I paused mid-sentence. The day after would be my last day. I stood shell-shocked at the fact. I wasn't ready to leave.

"Violet," he asked in concern. "Are you alright?"