Chapter 14

A/N: Make sure to check out the song on the right. I've been kinda obsessed with it lately and listened to it loadss when I was writing this chapter ;P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 14

     I laughed and shook my head. Thrusting out my wrist for the bottle. Rose sighed and passed it to me; I promptly took a swig and placed the bottle back in the middle, between us.

     "What's the point in playing Truth if you refuse to answer any of the questions?" Rose said giggling and shaking her head.    

      I smiled sheepishly at her. "I can hold my liqueur. So this isn't much of a punishment for me."

      "Of course you can! It's...it's hard for you to get drunk on Earth, or get sick. Or even die!" She slurred with wide eyes. "See... I can though! You should see me when I'm drunk. I'm a mess."

     I bit my lip to keep myself from laughing. I nodded slowly at her words and sat up straighter against the backboard on her bed. Rose yawned and scooted back from her lying position until her head hung off the end of the bed.

     "Hey, Rose?" I called and she rose her head to look at me. "It's your turn."

     Her mouth widened as she shuffled back to her original position; cross-legged opposite me. I sat silently, thinking about how I would her the question that had been gnawing on me for days. I played with her pink lace pillow, not meeting her eyes. "Do you like Jayden? As more than a friend?"

     I saw her hand reach towards the bottle, before pausing and moving back to sit in her lap. I looked up at her, waiting for her answer. She met my eyes and slowly nodded; her eyes watering slightly. My lips parted in shock, to the fact that my suspicions were correct and to the fact that she chose to tell me the truth. She could have easily taken the bottle's way out.

     "I-I don't know why I like him...and-and I really don't want to feel this way. Please don't think I'm going to try to steal him away! That's the last thing I want to do. We're just old friends. It's probably just a crush." She said, grabbing onto my shoulders and kneeling up on the bed. "Just don't tell Alex. Please? After everything that happened between him and Jayden...I don't want him to hate me."

     My eyebrows furrowed and I copied her kneeling position. "What actually happened between Alex and Jayden?" I asked.

     She leaned in and whispered. "Well, you know that Alex and Jayden used to be best friends right?"

     Before I could respond, the door opened and Alex stood gaping at us with wide eyes. He took a few steps back and quickly covered his eyes with his palm. "God, this is so wrong on so many levels," he muttered loudly, before slipping away.

     I raised both eyebrows at the scene and turned back to face Rose with a confused expression. I looked down and noticed her hands still on my shoulders and our close proximity. I laughed and jumped off the bed; running after him. I saw the back of his head and quickly grabbed his shoulder, turning him around to face me. His shoulder warmed quickly under my touch. I quickly took back my hand, before that sparks would form again.

     "Don't worry. It wasn't what you thought." I said, smiling widely to stop myself from laughing.

     He cleared his throat and looked around. "I knew that."