Chapter Forty Two.

"It's beautiful," I mumble under my breath, and Harry nods as he gets out of the car, making his way to my side. In front of us is ancient Athens, and it is even more breathtaking than the post cards. Because of money, I was never able to come to Greece and experience the country the way I wanted to.

"It truly is," Wisteria says. She claps her hands together once and turns to all of us. "Do all of you remember how to shield your minds?" Of course, all of us remembered. She taught us repeatedly: on the airplane, in the car, at the hotel, etc. We didn't get much of a break.

Harry and I mentioned the situation between us to Wisteria, how he wasn't able to read my mind because mine was guarded somehow. He could still sense my feelings and I could sense his, but he still can't reach into my own mind because it's sheltered. However, Wisteria can peer into my head quite fine. She brought quite a few images I thought I had long buried, making me look like a tomato as she normally does.

She assumes it is the bond that blocks him from reading my mind. It prevents him from being able to take advantage of my mind before we complete the bond, and I suppose it makes sense. I'm still very new to everything, so even just the talk of reading minds is something that makes me go a little crazy inside.

The others grew up within this world, and I'm struggling to keep up.

"Where is Adrasta?" Harry says.

"She's there," Wisteria responds, pointing to the Parthenon.

"What do you mean?" Ariadne says. "She can't be inside of the Parthenon, that would be ridiculous." She lets out a bit of a laugh, but Wisteria remains straight-faced, only the ends of her lips curl slightly upward.

"You would be correct," she says with a slight smile. "She is not inside of the Parthenon. She is under it."

"What?" Zayn says, his face scrunched up in confusion.

"She is in a maze, a labyrinth if you want to get technical, underneath the Parthenon."

"So how do we get underneath the Parthenon? Last time I checked, the Parthenon is one story," Ariadne quips.

"What we're going to have to do is ask for entrance. Do you see that cave looking apparatus over there?" She points to a small rock formation close to the base of the Parthenon. "We're going to have to slip through there to get to the maze. From there, we will have to make it through the maze to talk to Adrasta."

"That doesn't really look big enough to be a cave," I say, squinting my eyes to try to see better. "It just looks like two boulders leaning on each other."

"That's where the magic comes in," Wisteria responds, rubbing her hands back and forth. She points to herself. "Witch, remember?" I nod and blush in embarrassment. Of course.

We quickly make our way to the formation and stood in front of it. It might have looked small from far away, but now that we're standing in front of it, it's even smaller than it was before; there is barely enough space to get your head into.

"Are you sure?" I quietly start to say, but Wisteria gives me her signature look, and I know to shut my mouth. She waves her hands and sparks fly from her fingertips. I look around to see if anyone is watching us, but the tourist surrounding us carry on as if nothing out of the ordinary is happening. She must have put a masking spell on all of us.

The small space in front of us grows larger until it is big enough to fit a body through. Wisteria waves her hands just a little while longer before she looks pleased with herself and nods.

"That should do it," she says, turning to me. "After you?" she asks me.

"I don't think I can go first," I say, shying away from the dark hole. "I think it would be best if your or Harry goes first, and I can come in after if you want, but I don't really want to go first." I'm rambling, but I'm nervous, and I can't stop rambling at this point. But Harry is able to shut me up with another chaste kiss on my lips. I can hear dry heaving in the background from Zayn, but I can barely pay attention to him when I look into Harry's eyes.

He uses the bond to calm me down, and I close my eyes, hoping that he feels my grateful feelings toward him.

"If this is something that Adrasta is requesting herself, then I suppose Emma can go. If it is not, then I would definitely feel more comfortable going first."

"There is no particular order in which Adrasta wants us to enter the maze. She simply wishes eight to be in the maze in total." Harry nods and turns to the guards accompanying us.

"You two need to keep watch, and if anything suspicious happens, I need you to mind link me, even if you believe me to be in trouble, do I make myself clear?" There's a certain sense of pride I feel as I watch Harry take charge, and I feel myself shudder from...something, but I'm not quite sure what it is. It is almost as if I have fur that I am ruffling in pride.

"Yes, Alpha," they reply back in sync.

"Let's get going," Harry says, slipping through the crack. It's almost as if something were sucking him in, he disappeared so quickly. I stand hesitantly near the black abyss. You need to go, I tell myself, but I just can't get myself to move.

"Maybe I should just go after you Wisteria?" I say, but she shakes her head at me.

"Ariadne?" I ask, but again, she shakes her head.

"Zayn, boys?" I say, turning to my last hope, but they fail me once again. I turn back toward the hole again. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before plunging myself in.

---

i took the act this morning and i am ded.

sorry for the longer wait again! hopefully i will be able to update again tomorrow! (well, it is so late that it is actually today, but i haven't slept yet so its not tomorrow yet). love you all for staying by my side through this rough journey of a story haha:) <3 means a lot!!

if you enjoyed this chapter, please make sure to vote and comment down below!

xx winter