Chapter Twenty Eight.

"Alpha," Niall says, knocking on Harry's open office door before walking in. Harry was sitting at his desk, a pile of paper work on his desk that he was sorting through, records of the patrols from the past week. I sat off to the left, a book about vampires in my lap, because the boy whined if I even so much as stood up to leave the room.

"Yeah?"

"The coven got our message," he says, clasping his hands together repeatedly.

"Okay?" Harry says, becoming slightly animated. "What did they say?"

"They said they would send someone over, five minutes ago. Their representative is already here." My eyes widen slightly, and I subconsciously sit up straighter in my seat.

"Alright," Harry says. "Thank you, Niall. I will be right down to receive our guest." Niall nods and leaves the room, and Harry gets up out of his chair and starts to walk toward the door. Before he passes the threshold, he turns back to me, a confused look on his face.

"Are you coming?" he says. I shoot up out of my chair and nod quickly, walking toward him.

"Yeah, um, yeah," I says, flustered. He gives me a cheeky grin and places his hand on the small of my back as we make our way to the front.

The witch was not how I expected her to be. She was beautiful, dressed in a light green sundress. Her blonde hair was pulled into a wispy and elegant bun, and her equally green eyes locked with mine, a smirk on her lips.

"I'm Wisteria. You must be the Emma everyone is talking about," she says, holding her hand out to me. I take her hand in mine and nod.

"I suppose," I say, not really knowing how fast word travels.

"She's very beautiful," she tells Harry, and I couldn't help but blush. "It really would be a shame if you lost her." He growls.

"I don't care what you are insinuating, Wisteria." He spits out her name, like it has a foul taste in his mouth.

"So where are we headed?" she says to me, the ever-present smirk still on his face, as she ignores Harry.

"Um, well, the message was found out on the lawn," I say, walking with Harry outside to where the message was left. She spends sometime looking at the message, making movements with her hands.

"You are the girl, I assume?" she says, and I nod.

She starts to follow the same blood trail we found earlier, and comes to the same bend that we came to on our original search. There's a confused look on her face, and she keeps mumbling to herself the whole way through. She waves her hands as she walks, and sparks fly out of her fingers. Finally, we reach the creek, and she takes a moment before stopping and turning to us.

"So? What did you find?" Harry says.

"Harry, my dear," Wisteria says, placing a hand on his arm that I wanted to rip off. Wait, what? I was not seriously getting jealous, was I? Control yourself, Emma. "Patience is a virtue." She smirks at him then turns toward me.

"Based on the trail that the intruder left behind, you were definitely right when you suspected the person knew the area well. No one else would have known that there was a creek so far off their course otherwise. They were definitely trained, although you knew that much. The sense that I found was an odd mix of human and werewolf; does that make any sense?"

"That's impossible," Harry growls. Wisteria only holds up a hand up to his face, still facing me.

"And yet, that is the sense I picked up. So do me a favor, Harold, and have a little bit of faith in me."