Chapter Twenty Five.

I wake up in his arms again, but this time I don't wake him up to move. Instead, I take a deep breath and make a mental note of the way he smells, the way he sounds, the way he feels as I lay in his arms. My eyes trace his defined biceps and triceps, following the veins down to his forearms.

"Like what you see?" I hear him say. I look up to see Harry wide awake, green eyes staring down at me with a mix of emotion. A smirk is wrapped around his smug, arrogant face, and I scowl at him.

"Well," I say with a smirk of my own, "I've seen better." His eyes darken considerably, and my smirk loses some of its strength.

"Is that so?" he says before flipping me underneath him. He propped himself up on his elbows, but still had his body lightly laying on top of me. I could feel everything, from his abs to, well, you get my drift.

"Yeah," I force out. "Much better." His lips trail from my jawline down to my neck, lightly sucking on my mark, and my toes curl.

"And you're sure?" he says. He peppers kisses along my collar bones.

"Positive," I manage to breath out. He smirks and moves back to my neck, and I decide that I just can't take it anymore.

"Okay, okay," I say. I try to push him off of me, but it's absolutely no use; he's too heavy. His fingers rush to my sides and places pressure on my waist, causing laughter to pour off my lips and into the air around us.

"You play a dangerous game, my tairi," he whispers with a smirk, his voice rough and husky. A shiver rolls down my spine, and I give him a peck on the lips. His smirk morphs into that of a fish, opening and closing, opening and closing. Now, it's my time to smirk.

"We should probably get up," I say, starting to move around him. He moves out of my way without much force, and I saunter over to the closet to get changed. After throwing on one of Harry's sweaters with a pair of jean shorts, I walk back into our room.

"And what did the message say?" Harry says, no longer sitting on the bed but instead standing in the doorway talking with Niall. I walk over to the two of them, placing my hand on the small of Harry's back, looking between the two of them.

"What's going on?" I ask, my brows furrowing.

"There was a message left outside on the lawn," Niall tells me, his eyes looking hesitantly to Harry who nods and wraps an arm around me.

"It said 'The Girl or the Pack. You choose. -The Legion." As soon as those words were out of Niall's mouth, Harry growl, and his grip on me tightened.

"What's the Legion?" I ask.

"The Legion," Harry spits out, "is a human hate group among werewolves. They despise humans because they think werewolves are superior. The higher-level leadership is currently unknown and a well-kept secret, but everyone knows they deal with rogues."

"One more thing," Niall interjects. "The message was written in blood, werewolf blood."

Harry's skin ripples, and I can feel the fur of Daemon trying to come through. I place kisses on his bare chest, hoping to alleviate some of the tension and hopefully calm him down enough to not completely shift in the middle of the house.

"It's okay, babe," I let the pet name slip. "I'm right here, and I am safe." He places a kiss on the top of my head.

"Thank you," he mumbles. "Increase the patrols on our borders," he says, turning to Niall. "I don't want people to be able to trespass on our land undetected again. And tell everyone there's going to be a pack meeting in half an hour."

"Yes, Alpha," he says, turning and walking down the hallway. Harry lets down his façade and instantly wraps his arms around me, his face in my neck breathing in my scent. I let him stay there for the time being, knowing that he needed this, that he needed me to just be his tairi.

"The Legion will not stop," he mumbles into my neck. "They will never stop. We've tried for so long to get rid of them, but they're like cockroaches. They just slip right through the cracks." A sense of helplessness washed over me, and I wished that I could be able to help the situation, but I couldn't change the fact that I was human first and foremost, and that meant that I was weak.

"I need you to teach me how to defend myself," I whisper, knowing that I was going to get a not so happy reaction from my words. He growled, and I was right.

"I can defend you," he says, pulling away from my neck and baring his canines at me. "That is my job. Don't insult me." His eyes are almost obsidian again, but I wasn't about to back down.

"I know you can defend me. But what if you can't defend yourself? What if something terrible happens when you aren't around? You don't expect me to just be sitting there twiddling my thumbs while people try to kidnap and kill me do you?" Another loud growl.

"I will always be there for you," he says, eyes ablaze.

"What if you're not though? You can't guarantee the future," I retaliate. He hasn't broken my gaze, but neither have I. We stand there in silence, neither of us backing down until finally, he concedes.

"Fine," he spits out. "You can train." I smile, happy for winning at least this much. "But only with me." I bite the inside of my cheek and nod; I'll take what I can get for now. He's an alpha, so he's bound to be strong and know what he's doing.

"I just want to be able to help," I say, looking into his eyes. They were storming, and I knew that this whole situation was driving him insane. He wanted to protect me, but there was so much to protect me from.

"I know," he says, pulling me into his arms, and I let him. "I just," he says, "I just don't want to lose you." I don't say anything back.

"I have a pack meeting I need to go to," he says, pulling away from me. "Will my tairi be there by my side?" He reaches his hand out to me, and I take it almost instantly.

"Of course."

----------------

wow it has been quite a while. so sorry for not updating, xc season just ended and I've found that I finally have time to write again.

a friend from xc actually was able to find my work on here and helped to push me to write more and update this story, so you guys should thank lroseu for this update! also, she's currently writing a werewolf story, so you guys should definitely check that out!

I will try to keep updating quickly as I get to some breaks in schooling!!

what did you think of this chapter? please comment below and don't forget to vote if you enjoyed:)

xx Winter