Chapter Eight

We rode home with our fingers laced together as he hummed quietly to himself. The silence was comforting to me, since I had so much on my mind. What happens now? Jake’s going to either ignore this whole thing or tell everyone who has ears. I doubt it’ll be the latter, though. Eric knows something that will ruin him, and even though Jake hasn’t got two brain cells to rub together, he knows when he’s in hot water. He suspected Eric and l’s relationship ten times more now since that he defended me and the fact we’re both going to be missing the rest of the school day will just confirm his believes. I hope the secret the three of us know is enough to keep his mouth closed. Who knows? If I played him right he could be beard of sorts to cover up my tracks. I sighed and snuggled further into his back. I really hated hiding this from everyone. I knew this was only the beginning, but I was already fatigued. Something as beautiful as this shouldn’t have to be hidden. I should be able to hold my boyfriend’s hand in the corridor; I mean, it’s not a sin, is it? 

            Wait. Boyfriend. What are we? I know we’re in love and I often dangerously think about  a life with this boy, but we never confirmed where our relationship stands. I obviously have given him a ‘chance’ as he had begged for so many times before, but were we dating? Were we together? Is he mine? 

            That thought brings a smile to my face. Having Eric as mine seems like something to die for. I want all of him. I want lazy days while we stay in bed. I want endless Christmases and birthdays with him. I want holidays and moving in together. I want pillow talk in the morning and deep talks at night. I want snow and sunshine, fights and make-ups, family meals and falling asleep with him. I want it all, everyday for as long as I can get it.

            We finally arrived at his house and he hopped off the motorcycle then helped me off. He took his hand and pulled m closer by my waist. I bit my lip and looked him in his green eyes while he smiled. He started to sway and we started to dance. He lifted one pair of our hands up, singling for me to spin. I did so and when I came back to face him, he held my waist and dipped me down. I trusted him with all my weight and he held me with a secure arm, all the while we kept fierce eye contact. 

            With me still dipped down, he kissed my neck and whispered, “I love you, and I’ll never let anyone hurt you again." 

            He lifted us back up into a standing position and smiled. 

            “You’re my hero, you know?" I said, and his face was covered in a huge grin.

            He puffed out his chest and said, “Well, it’s all in a day’s work ma’am," in a deep voice and a loud laugh burst out of me. He smiled in satisfaction and grabbed my hand, leading me into his little house. 

            “Okay, babe, I don’t know about you, but I am starving. So are we going to have…" he started as she swung open the fridge, “beans on toast, eggs on toast, or Nutella on toast?" he questioned and I couldn’t help but giggle. How he’s survived this long on her own baffles me. It’s not like he can’t cook food, he’s just too lazy to go out and buy it. I walked over to him and slid my arms around his neck as his hands went to my waist. 

            “Hmm, eggs on toast sounds nice, but I we both know neither of us are going to pass up Nutella," I said. He chuckled and pulled me closer to him. 

            “Well, we could always order, but it’d have to be quick because I’ve got a surprise for you in a bit," she said. I raised my eyebrows in surprise. 

            “Really? Oh, wait; you told me about it earlier, didn’t you? Are you sure? I feel I should be the one surprising you, my little body guard," I said and he rolled his eyes playfully.