Chapter 1: Can't Stop The Feeling

Marinette never thought that she would actually get in. She got into the top musical high school in all of Paris! It had always been her dream to be a professional singer singing her own songs. There was just one problem. She was scared out of her mind whenever she was on stage.

She could write all of what she felt in song, but she couldn't get a single word out when she tried to perform it. The only people that have heard her sing, heard her songs, were her parents and her dear best friend, Alya.

"You have pure talent, girl," Alya would say. "Don't let it go to waste." After she had said that, Marinette had finally applied for that high school that she dreamed of attending. She had heard that Alya got in, so that was a plus even if she did get in.

When Marinette got her acceptance letter, she couldnt keep all of her happiness contained. She just had to let it out. But how? Marinette lit up and ran to her vanity desk. She opened the drawer to pull out a mix tape that she had made just a few weeks ago. Some tracks were her favorite songs and others were her own personal songs. Right now Marinette had to play track five.

Marinette put the disk in her CD player that was hidden on her desk and played track five. {Author: Play the video now! ;)}A familiar beat came on over the CD player's small speakers and Marinette lit up even more. She turned up the beat so she could hear it better. She started dancing to it and when the man that sang the song started singing, she did the same. Whenever he snapped, she snapped.

I got this feeling inside my bones
It goes electric, wavey when I turn it on
All through my city, all through my home
We're flying up, no ceiling, when we in our zone

Marinette stopped snapping when the man on the CD did, picked up her hairbrush to use as a microphone, and continued dancing to the beat when it picked up at the chorus.

I got that sunshine in my pocket
Got that good soul in my feet
I feel that hot blood in my body when it drops

When she sang along with the "oooh" she threw her head back with her pretend microphone lined up at a good distance from her pink lips as her knees bent down to help her body do the pose she had seen famous singers do often.

She then stood back up and started singing the next set of lyrics to the song. Marinette even danced to the beat again.

I can't take my eyes up off it, moving so phenomenally
Room on lock, the way we rock it, so don't stop

Marinette froze in her current dance move when the singing stopped. She laughed at herself at the irony that she had made. She then started to continue singing as well as dancing, but this time her moves were slower because the beat was.

And under the lights when everything goes
Nowhere to hide when I'm getting you close
When we move, well, you already know
So just imagine, just imagine, just imagine

Marinette turned around in circles as she sung out the long "imagine". She then turned out as her legs jumped apart all on their own to help her stop going in circles. She kept singing along using the next lyrics of the song. She even started dancing in a way that no one would even think about doing in public in her opinion. Marinette just knew that she could be herself in her bedroom.

Nothing I can see but you when you dance, dance, dance
A feeling good, good, creeping up on you
So just dance, dance, dance, come on
All those things I shouldn't do
But you dance, dance, dance
And ain't nobody leaving soon, so keep dancing
I can't stop the feeling
So just dance, dance, dance
I can't stop the feeling
So just dance, dance, dance, come on