What Fame Brings - Part 2

So guys! Here is the chapter we have all been waiting for! The revelation! It took me 5 hours, and lots of going back and changing things to get this chapter right, so I hope it explains everything OK! Please please, comment your views and thoughts about this chapter! It would mean a lot! Also, comment any ideas about the rest of the story please! Currently I'm debating on whether or not to start a new book, like a part 2 to this, because technically, this book was all about Harry's secrets, so it's up to you guys :) Anyway, please read and enjoy, I really hope it all makes sense now! Love you all, and please comment at the end!

WARNING for mentions of homophobia

Over in Louis and Harry's room, Louis had walked in to the sight of Harry rummaging through his suitcase on the floor. Harry had got there before him, as he had gone to take Niall his phone, which had fallen out of his pocket during his race to the room with Josh. He silently closed the door, not wanting to distract Harry from what he was doing, and made his way over to the bathroom, quickly brushing his teeth before stripping and slipping into his side of the bed.

Harry suddenly stopped searching, obviously finding what he was looking for, before folding up all of Louis' clothes again and stripping. He sat tentatively on the edge of the bed, clutching the desired item to his chest, and Louis scooted up behind him, wondering what was wrong. Quickly, he realized that it was the diary that Harry was holding, and, noting that Harry would probably want to go at his own pace, placed a hand on his shoulder tenderly, to show he was there and listening, but not in his face. After a few minutes of silence and Harry flicking through the pages, he took a deep breath, and began to speak.

"I was 11. I met this boy that I really liked, Tom his name was. Back then, I had no idea what being gay meant. I didn't know that it was seen as wrong, or weird, or abnormal. All I knew is that he was cute, fit, good looking, and that I wanted to kiss him just like I wanted to kiss girls.

We became good friends. We used to spend all our free time together. We would have sleepovers every weekend, play some kind of sport on the field every school night, do our homework together. But I never told him that I liked him, you know, and that I wanted to kiss him.

Anyway, it was his birthday party in June, near the end of the school year, and we were playing true or dare. I got dared to kiss him, so I did. I thought... I thought that because it was a dare, that it wouldn't mean anything. That he would just see it as a joke and that the rest of the people would as well. But he didn't. When I leaned in to kiss him, he shoved me away and called me a fag. The rest of the group started sneering at me, and laughing, calling me names, like gay, fag, weirdo. That day I lost my best mate, and for the rest of the year, I just got laughed at.

I never told my mum back then. I was too embarrassed. No one would dance with me at the school disco, because apparently I was diseased and that they could be around me. I was so relieved when I went to a different secondary school to them all at the end of that year. But I could never get it out of my mind."

Harry paused for a moment, tears welling in his eyes, and Louis pulled him into his arms, cradling him and silently vowing to kill everyone that had upset him, especially that Tom. After a few moments, Louis decided to speak up, knowing that this would be the best time to ask the important questions.

"Harry, babe, you didn't deserve that. Any of that. Is that why... Why you stopped talking to me?" Louis asked, feeling Harry still in his arms at the question.

"I... Yes... And I'm so sorry Louis, I never ever meant to hurt you. Ever since then, I knew that I preferred guys over girls, but I continued to date girls because I was too scared of the same reaction, especially as I had managed to get into the popular group in secondary. Every guy that I fancied in secondary, I never said a word to about it, because I didn't want a repeat of before. And I didn't want the same to happen with you. " Harry replied, the tears now falling down his face as he clutched the diary tighter to his chest before continuing.