(Ch.4) Test of the Soul Pt.2

Your POV

As you approached the open area, you saw Ruby try to take down the Death Stalker by launching herself to it, but it deflected her attack.

You: Ruby! Get out of there!! That Nevermore is going to attack with the Death Stalker!!

Yang tries to run as fast as she can to get to Ruby, while Ruby is running for her life, she slowly stumbles to the ground and is about to be hit by the Death Stalker's Stinger.

Yang: Ruby!!

That's when you activate Grimm Hunter's ranged form at that moment and aim down your sights, Soul Cannon, the name of the gun, prepared to fire. Right before Ruby gets attacked, you fire a straight beam of pure red energy into the Death Stalker, although it was not enough to killed it, you left it stunned, but that was enough since that took most of your aura and you nearly fainted from the exhaustion.

Yang: Thanks -Y/N!

Yang continues toward Ruby after she gets up and after the Death Stalker recovers from your attack. You try to stand up but only to be met with failure and fall to the ground. That is when the guy named Ren, who was here with the girl wielding a massive hammer named Nora helps you up.

You: T..Thanks...

Ren: Don't worry about it, just don't exhaust yourself in the middle of a fight!

You both see Ruby's cape get stuck by the Nevermore's feather and pins her to the ground as Yang tries to reach for her. You grunt and moan in pain as you tried to use Grimm Hunter but you could barely keep your legs from falling. That is when right before your eyes, you see Weiss save Ruby by stopping the Death Stalker's Stinger in place with her ice glyph. Then you all quickly regrouped and retreated back at the pedestals, Ren placed you on a rock and left you after he checked that you were alright. He left you when your aura was being replenished by drinking some potions you made.

You: They always taste like crap don't they..and this is supposed to be the least of my worries.

You hear Ruby give some leader material speech to everyone and lead them away from the area to see if they can take a safe route to the finish. You followed them until a presence in the forest caught your attention, you decided to split from the group to know what it was that attracted your attention. After a little while you come to an open field, you examine your surroundings, finding nothing unusual. That's when a couple of daggers come flying towards you from in the trees. You dodged them as they landed next to you. As you backed away, more and more of the daggers came at you from random locations, most of them you dodged but some were able to graze you across your entire body. Then one of the daggers stopped you in place as it landed into your left shoulder, causing a lot of pain going in and out of your body. You saw the person who did it as they appeared in your sights, they wore a deep dark red and black hood with some wear and tear. The person slowly approached you, you took this time to remove the dagger, massive amounts of blood came gushing out of your wound, you closed it with your aura to stop most of the bleeding.

???: As always, you like to be stubborn and reckless when dealing with these kinds of situations Y/N.