Chapter 8: Nobody's Home

I woke up to Elise coming into the bedroom. She had a glass of water in her hand, and held out a large pill to me. "It will help with the pain." She said gently. I nodded, and she helped me sit up. She softly handed me the glass and pill. My hand was shaky, I couldn't keep the glass still. My throat was so dry from crying I could barely swallow the pill, so I chugged the water.

I laid back down, and rested my head in the crook of his arm. After Elise left, I was having troubles falling asleep, because of the pain in my wrist. I stared up at the ceiling thinking about my family. Did Derek tell them I was dead? Did my parents just think we got lost? Are they worried about me? A million and one questions ran through my mind, until the medicine finally kicked in. The pain slowly dulled along with my troubles. I drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

I could feel him inside of me. I winced ever time he thrust himself at me. There was nothing gentle about this. I felt like I was being ripped in two. My unconscious body didn't fight him off. It just lied there still, not wanting to bear the pain. He squeezed my legs, and dug his nails into me. I tried to scream, but nobody could hear me. I kept screaming wishing somebody would hear me, wishing somebody would run in and save me, but it didn't happen.

I was shaken awake by the familiar face of Christian. The light was on and I could see his face clearer. His short black hair was wet from a recent shower, and his deep brown eyes were wide with concern. "What's wrong?" I asked, glad to see my voice had returned to normal.

"You were screaming bloody murder" he said. I could see the question form in his eyes. I could see them wanting to ask me, but he held his tongue. It was like he knew I wasn't ready to tell. "Are you hungry, Quinn?"

"Yes" I said meekly.

"Would you like some macaroni?"

"Yes please."

He gave me his hand, and helped me off the bed. We walked down the hallway were a large mirror was placed. It was like a saw my reflection for the first time. My right eye was a deep shade of purple with greens and yellows surrounding it. The cut beneath it had been stitched up with bright blue thread. The tank top and shorts barely covered the amount of bruises I had on my body. I looked hideous. I stood there, and stared at myself until a small tug on my arm told me to stop.

Christian motioned me to sit at the bar as he got me a bowl. The steaming cheesy noodles were slid in front of me. My stomach grumbled. I started eating, and Christian sat down next to me with his own bowl. "How long did I sleep for?"

"Well, it's Tuesday. I'd say about a day and a half. You really needed some sleep though. That's why Elise gave you some Ambien to help you sleep. She wanted me to bring you in once you were asleep, but I told her no because there must be a reason why you wouldn't go in the first place. Why didn't you?"

His voice was so soothing. I could listen to him talk for hours. "I have a fear of doctors. I have ever since I was little." I said shyly. "Do you think I could call my mom?"

"I think that's a good idea. I'll get the phone for you." he replied as he got up. He handed me the phone, and walked into another room.

I quickly dialed the familiar number. I grew anxious as it rang in my ear. One ring, ok, they must be getting up to get the phone. Ring number two, they probably realized the phone is off the receiver and started looking elsewhere. Three, four, five, they aren't home. The answering machine picks up. "Hey mom, umm.. I'm just calling to let you know I'm ok. Umm... Something happened at the cabin, and I.. I can't come home just quite yet. Don't worry, ok. I'm safe. I'll be coming home soon. I love you. Bye."

Tears pricked my eyes as I hung up. They didn't even bother to wait around for me to call. Maybe they had gone to look for me. I would never know. Christian came up behind me, "Did you get a hold of them?"

"No, they weren't home. I just left a message." I replied sadly.

"Everything is going to be alright."

"You really think so?"

"I know so."

"How do you know?"

"I just know." He replied. A smile slowly spread across his face, and creeped its way onto mine.

I ran my fingers through my hair. It was greasy, and matted. I looked up at Christian. "May I take a shower?"

"Sure. The bathroom is down the hall."

I made my way down the hall, trying to not look at the large mirror. I kept my head down until I opened the bathroom door. I quickly stripped out of my clothes, and stepped into the warm shower. As the water poured down onto my head, I felt soothed. I let the water wash every part of me. I scrubbed my body, wanting to rid myself of anything that happened. Soon, the soothing feeling I had felt before was replaced with one of sadness. I quickly ended my shower and redressed.

I felt more and more depressed as I walked back to Christian's room. I curled back underneath the covers. I pulled my legs to my chest, and let tears silently roll down my face.

After a while, I heard the bed shift, and Christian sat down next to me. "Shhh," he whispered, "Everything's going to be alright. Go to sleep, Quinn."

------------------ 

Ok, no need to tell me it's short. I know. I suck at writing long chapters, plus this is my first story, so be lenient. <3 Your french babe, Joëlle :)

Comment

Fan

Vote

The GuardianOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara