XXX

I walked into the coaches office.

"Ah Cassy!" He smiled.

"Hi." I smiled back.

"What can I help you with today? How is you head?" He asked. Even though I wasn't aloud to play, Coach Lassiter made a point to say hi to me or ask me how I was doing.

"Well I just wanted you to know, I went to the Neurologist yesterday and I'm better. My doctor have me the right-a-way to run and play again." I said.

"Cassy! That's fantastic."

"Thank you. I just wanted to give you this." I said handing him the form my doctor had given me. "I know I'm technically not on the team anymore but I'd love to play the game Friday night if there was anyway. If not, I totally understand and I won't get upset. I'm just happy to be able to run again." I said with a large smile.

"I'd love to let you play..."

"But?"

"Look Cassy, I'm just concerned for your health. I don't want you over excreting yourself."

"I won't!" I protested.

"Cassy, you haven't worked out in three months, do you know if you can even make one lap around the track?" He asked.

"I know I can! I've been running all weekend! Plus my younger brother and I kicked around the ball a lot while I had the concussion. I know that's dangerous and all but I needed to do something." I said.

He sighed, "Are you sure you can do it Cassy?"

"Yes Coach Lassiter, I'm positive."

"Well then alright, welcome back to the team number 17." He said.

"Thank you!" I squealed.

"Alright, now out of my office. See you Friday at 5 for warm-ups."

XXX

"Thanks Adrienne! I'll see you tonight!" I smiled, closing the car door and running towards the field. It felt so good to be running again, I couldn't help the dumb smile that was spreading across my face.

"Cassy!" Valerie called

"Val!" I exclaimed, hugging her tightly.

"Alright ladies, two laps and then take some shots on goal." Coach yelled. We took off. Valerie and I were the first done so we began taking free shots on goal. Soon the game was about to start. "Okay, no lecture tonight, just get out their an do you best and have fun, but most importantly...let's kick some ass tonight!" Coached exclaimed.

"Hell yeah." I said as other girls screamed in approval. We did a quick cheer and got into position. I was a left mid-much to Coach Lassiter's dismay. I looked up into the crowd and smiled. Everyone I loved was in the stands, Joey, Jakob, Billie, Adrienne, Cole, Travis, Tyler, Chelsea, Conner, Lizzie and Ryan.

"Game on." The Ref yelled and blew his whistle. We had the ball and my teammate with a killer boot, Miriam, was running it up the field.

"Man on! Man on!" Girls screamed at her.

"Pass! I yelled. She booted it to me and hit smacked me straight in the chest. I let it fall to my feet and then I kicked it hard into the opposing corner of the goal. There was a loud cheer an I was getting slapped on the back. I had just scored. I smiled and rubbed my chest , damn that hurt.

Coach must've seen because he yelled, "Sub 1! Cassy!" I groaned and ran off the field.

"Why did you pull me out?" I whined even though I knew the answer.

"Because you're fresh out of a concussion! I'm not taking any chances. I groaned but nodded. I sat on the bench and sipped my water.

As the game progressed, we had lost our lead. There was 15 minutes left in the second half. I was shaken out of my thoughts by screams.

"Excellent girls! Excellent!" Coach Lassiter yelled. We had scored making it a tied game. 15 minutes, huh? I could score in 15 minutes.

"Coach put me in!" I yelled.

"Cassy, no!"

"Why? I'm fine! I just trapped it with my chest! You know I can score if you put me in for left forward! Please! I haven't played since the beginning of the game.

Coach thought about it for a moment, "Oh alright, up on the line." I smiled and ran up to the halfway line.

"Ref! Sub-1, Valerie!" When I was given the signal by the ref, I ran onto the field, high-fiving Valerie as I went.

"Good luck!" She screamed. I chased the ball around for almost 10 minutes the no luck of stealing it away. Finally a goal kicked happened and the kicker kicked the ball almost straight to me. I weaved my was through the defense and took a high-shot. The swoosh of the goal made me scream. The horn went off signaling the end of the game. Girls we swarming me, hugging me.

"You did it!" Valerie screamed.

"Yeah." I breathed, still hugging everyone including the coach. The stands flooded the field. In between all the hugs I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Ryan.

"You did it! I'm so proud of you." His arms we open, ready for the hug. I jumped into his arms, wrapping my legs around his torso, and attaching my lips to his.

"Alright you too, that's enough." A familiar voice spoke. We broke apart and blushed. "I'm so proud of you Kiddo!" Billie smiled.

"You kicked ass, Cassy!" Joey smiled.

"Yeah that first goal was killer!" Jakob added.

"Thanks guys!" I said hugging them both.

"Congratulations, Sweetie, that was awesome." Adrienne smiled.

"Thank you, Adrienne." I smiled.

"You know what this calls for, don't you?" Billie asked, wrapping and arm around me.

"Pizza?" I asked.

"Pizza." He smiled.