Chapter 24

CASSY'S POV

I sat down at the lunch table, and began pulling out my lunch, when I noticed all my friends staring at me. "What?" I snapped.

Chelsea replied, "That, was uh...shocking. Good for you though, that jerk deserved it."

I smiled and said, "Thanks, I do know how to stand up for myself." I started eating and my friends slowly got back into their normal conversations.  I was pretty pleased with myself for standing up to Logan, and I had to admit my speech was good.

I smiled smugly to myself and Ryan gave me a funny look, "Cassy, why are you smiling at your sandwich?"

I blushed and answered, "No reason." He shook his head and laughed and I just just joined in. Today, nothing was going to get me down. I finally got rid of that cheating, possessive jerk.

XXXXXXXXX

It was a beautiful Saturday morning, so we decided to take a family trip to the beach. After I took another trip to the doctor's, they said I could start doing my normal activities, but no soccer or any extremely loud music or noise, at least for a little while longer.The boys wanted to teach me to surf, and I've been itching to exercise again since I've had my concussion. It probably wasn't the best idea to go surfing, but I told Dad I'd stop if my head really bothered me. I put on a dark purple bikini, and a pair of black shorts and a grey tank top over it. I threw on some brown flip flops, grabbed a pair of sunglasses from my desk, and raced downstairs. Everyone was walking to the car, so I joined in and climbed in, sitting in between Joey and Jakob. Adrienne drove and Billie clambered into the passenger seat. We pulled out of the driveway, and started our way to the beach. Dad, Jakob, and Joey all had surfboards already, and I'm just going to use Adrienne's old surfboard since she doesn't surf very much anymore.

"The waves are gonna be killer today." Joey pointed out, looking out at the sky. Jakob nodded and I felt my stomach flip in excitement. After 15 more minutes of driving, we pulled up to the beach and I noticed barely any one was here.

"Wow, it's so empty." I murmured.

"We had to find a more secretive beach, whenever we went to the more populated beaches, we were always flocked by people asking Dad for autographs and pictures." Jakob explained, and I nodded. Dad slipped on a paid of sunglasses and an A's hat, even though there weren't many people here. I got out of the car, and Joey handed me the surfboard. I followed him onto the sand, and we sat down, waiting for Jakob and Dad to come. The water was super sparkly, and the waves weren't too small, but not too large either. I took off my shorts and tank top, and tossed them in the sand behind me. Finally, Jakob and Billie cane over, and Adrienne settled down on a towel with a book.

"Okay Cassy, you said you took one class on surfing in Hawaii with your mom, right?" Billie asked, and I nodded.

"I don't remember much, but I do know the basics.

He nodded and Jakob exclaimed, "Let's go!" We all picked up our surfboards, and headed out to the water. We waded in a little, then through down our boards and climbed on. I paddled out next to Jakob, letting Joey and Dad take the lead. We got pretty far out, enough where I could sit up on my board, and my legs dangled into the water.

"Alright, do you want to watch Joey and I go first?" I nodded but Jakob seemed offended.

"Hey, what about me?" He protested.

Joey laughed, "Shut up Jake, you've only surfed for about 6 months now." Since Joey was sitting next to him, I knew what was going to happen next, and I watched as Joey shoved Jakob off his board into the water. I couldn't help but laugh a little, and I noticed Dad trying not to smile. Jakob swam back up and spat out some water.