Chapter 7

Cassandra's POV:

"So, your friends seem nice." Adrienne said as we all sat down.

"Yeah! They're great!" I smiled.

"How's your head feel?" Billie asked.

"My head? Oh! Well fine, I guess! I didn't even feel it." I smiled.

"Yeah, it doesn't look too bruised but something tells me you put some makeup on it!" Adrienne said. I giggled and nodded. We began eating dinner and it was fabulous, like always.

"Present time!" Billie yelled when everyone was done eating.

"I told you guys I didn't want anything!" I said.

"Yeah, but it's your birthday!" Joey said, handing me the presents. I got a bunch of nice things, but the best was a purple and white guitar from Billie. After the best cake I've ever had, I started to do what every kid wants to do on their birthday, Homework. I sat at the bar, working on an English paper when I heard a bunch of talking. Joey came into the kitchen followed by 2 familiar blonde boys.

"Hey Cassy!" Joey smiled.

"Uh, Hi?" I turned the 'hi' into a question hoping he would understand I was confused. It worked.

"Oh! Guys, this is my sister, Cassy. Cassy, these are my bandmates, Travis and Cole." Joey said. "

Sup?" the taller one, Travis asked.

"Homework. Aren't there 4 guys in Emily's Army?" I asked smiling.

"Yeah! My older brother, but he's in college!" Cole said.

"Oh." I smiled.

"Hey, you're in my math class!" Cole said. "

Oh yeah! Cool now I won't be the awkward new girl who knows no one!" I smiled and Cole nodded. The boys walked passed me and began eating some chips and talking. I figured I could take a small break, so I got up and stood with the guys eating some of Joey's chips. He gave me a weird look so I said, "What? I'm hungry!"

"You just had dinner and cake!"

"Yeah, so did you!" I teased.

"Fair enough." he laughed and let me have some of his food.

"So are you guys going to Becca's party?" Travis asked. Joey and Cole nodded,

"How 'bout you, Cassy?" Travis asked.

"Well, I was thinking about it. A few of my friends are going." I said.

"Going where?" Billie asked coming into the room. "Oh hey, guys." he smiled looking at Travis and Cole. 

"Hey Billie!" they both said.

"To answer your question, this girl at school is having a party and I'm not sure if I'm going." I said.

"It all depends on if I let you go." Billie smirked and rested his arm on me

"What do you think Joey, do I let her go?"

"Eh yeah. I mean I'll be there incase she gets out of hand." Joey laughed,

"Yeah, because we all know I'm such a troublemaker!" I sassed and everyone laughed.

"Fine, I guess you can go!" Billie laughed, hugging me.

XXX

"Cassy! Your friends are here!" Billie yelled.

"Coming!" I yelled, grabbing my phone. I had on Jean cutoff shorts, a dark purple tank top and my Mom's locket I wore everyday. It comforted me to know that somehow she was with me. Today was the day of the party. The week went by really quickly. Logan and I talked a bunch and he said he was probably going to show up tonight.