Chapter 22

CASSY'S POV

The next days after coming home from the hospital...well they sucked. Logan and I weren't on speaking and my family's leaving me to go to a charity event in Los Angeles. Mike and Tré were going to stay here with me, so this should be an interesting next couple of days.

"Cassy, are you sure you're going to be okay here?" Billie asked, stopping at my room with an armful of luggage.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I don't want you guys to miss the charity event, it's for a good cause. When are Mike and Tré coming?" Billie shifted the suitcase in his arms.

"They should be here in about an hour." I nodded and he left to start loading up the car with everyone's stuff.

"Hey Cassy, sorry you can't come with us." Joey said, he and Jakob walking in my room.

"It's okay, there will be more charity benefits. I hope you two have fun with Mom and Dad!" I said sadly, and Jakob gave me a sympathetic smile. "

Oh god, I don't know if I can stay in a confined hotel room with those two for 2 days." Jakob shivered and I laughed.

Suddenly I heard Adrienne yell, "BOYS WE HAVE TO GO! BYE CASSY, I LOVE YOU HONEY! WE'LL CALL YOU AS SOON AS WE LAND!"

"Well, see you later Cassy. Have fun with Mike and Tré." Joey said, and he and Jakob ran out of my room. I

sighed and walked over to my guitars. I was about to take one out of its case when Billie came back in and said, "Sorry you couldn't come kiddo, but you'll have fun with Mike and Tré."

"It's okay, Mike and Tré are awesome!  Now you better go or else you'll miss your flight! Love you!" I smiled at Dad and he smiled back.

"Okay, I'm going! Love you too!" He waved and shut the door to my room. I heard him head out the front door, and a couple minutes later, I heard a car drive away. I took my guitar out of the case, and started to work on a new song.

XXXXXXX

As I wrote down some notes, I heard the doorbell go off. I set my guitar down, and walked downstairs toward the door. I opened it up to find Mike and Tré standing there, suitcases in hand. "Oh god, here's trouble." I stepped aside to let them in and shut the door behind them.

"CASSY! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" Tré yelled, and I cringed as I got a stabbing pain in my head.

"Tré, stop yelling you idiot! She has a concussion." Mike smacked Tré on the arm and Tré grinned sheepishly.

"Do you guys want to put your stuff in the guest rooms?" I asked and Mike and Tré nodded.

"We know where it is, so you can go do whatever Cassy King's do." Mike ruffled my hair and I giggled. He and Tré walked upstairs and I headed into the living room. I sat down on the couch and turned on the T.V.  I switched it to the MTV channel and saw they were playing music videos. Right now, Miss Jackson by Panic! At the Disco was on. The volume was starting to give me a headache, so I turned it down a lot, and flopped on my side. I watched the video intently, and soon it switched to the Wake Me Up When September Ends video.

"You've got to be kidding me." I muttered to myself. I like the song, but it always made me miss my mom.

I kept it on and then I heard, "Aww Cassy, you're watching our music video?" I looked up to see Tré smiling, and Mike was stifling a laugh.

"Oh don't flatter yourself,  it just came on." I snapped, and Tré fake pouted. They both walked over to me and sat down on the couch.

"So, what do you wanna do?" Tré asked.