Chapter 20

CASSY'S POV
Tonight, Logan was taking me to dinner since I had a soccer game tomorrow; and he wanted to have a date since we haven't had one recently. I rushed around my room, throwing clothes all over the place, stressed to find the perfect outfit. After I searched my closet, I settled on a knit stripped white and navy blue sweater, light ripped skinny jeans, and my black converse. I curled my hair so it cascaded down to my mid back. I applied eyeliner, mascara, and a light amount of lipgloss. I got a text from Logan that he was here, so I raced downstairs.

Jakob was walking upstairs and asked, "Where are you going?"

I kept running and called out, "A date with Logan, bye!" I heard him sigh, but I just ignored it and ran out the door. I headed over to Logan's car and climbed into the passenger's seat.

"Hey punk, you look lovely." Logan leaned his head over, and I gave him a quick peck on the lips.

I strapped my seatbelt on and asked, "So where are we going?"

He smiled and pulled out from my driveway and said, "This awesome sushi restaurant next to the water, it's beautiful there."

I laughed and said, "Joey would be so happy if he was coming, he loves sushi."

Logan seemed to almost force a smile and he said, "Yeah, too bad he's not." He seemed kind of hostile towards Joey, but I brushed it off.

We drove in silence for a bit, but then Logan said, "There's this huge party coming up soon, are you gonna come with me?"

I frowned and I replied, "I don't know, the last time I went to a party and got super drunk, my Dad might not let me go to another for a while."

Logan rolled his eyes and countered, "Then just tell him you're going to my house or something."

My eyes widened and I sputtered, "Y-you think I should lie?"

Logan shrugged and said, "I mean, you can't let your Dad control his life. You should do what you want, and you won't want to miss this party." I was shocked that Logan was basically me to lie to my Dad, but I didn't want to start a fight since we were on a date.

"I don't know, I'll think about it." I murmured and Logan dropped the subject. We reached the restaurant and we headed inside.

Logan walked up to the podium at the front and said, "Table for two please."

The lady nodded and grabbed two menus, "Right this way." Logan grabbed my hand and the lady seated us to a booth next a window, looking out at the water.

"It's gorgeous." I exclaimed and Logan grinned.

"So are you." I blushed and giggled and I looked at the menu.

Logan asked, "What are you gonna get?"

I scanned the menu one more time and answered, "I think the California Roll and the Spider Roll, what about you?"

Logan smirked and said, "Same here." The waitress walked over and we gave her our order.

I glanced out the window again and Logan asked, "Are you nervous for your game tomorrow?"

I looked into his eyes and uttered, "Definitely, we're playing against my old high school. I really don't want to mess up or look like a complete failure in front of them."

Logan grabbed my hand and reassured, "You're not going to look like a failure, you're one of the best on your team! And you'll have me cheering you on in the crowd."

I smiled and mused, "Thanks babe." The waitress brought over our sushi, and it was awesome. Logan and I talked a bit longer, until he payed for the check and we headed back to the car. We played I Spy on the way home, and Logan made me laugh so hard that I almost cried. Even though it was a child's game, he made everything fun.