Chapter 26: Fight

*WARNING* Intense violence*

We beamed down to the surface, and we were greeted with screams and complete chaos. I looked over to Spock and he immediately zoned in on Khan. He nodded at me and started running after him. All I could really see was Spock's blue shirt, Khan blended in with the surrounding people. I followed him to the best of my ability, sometimes slowing down to catch my breath.

 Eventually, I had to stop completely. I watched as Khan ran across the road, Spock right on his heels. Where was he going? I tried to think of what could help him escape in that general direction, and it hit me. Trash shuttle. I sprinted to my left, hoping to cut him off before he could make it there.

 My vision was become blurry, and I could barely make out the shuttle. I glanced to the left to see Khan coming close to it. This was it, now or never. I let out a yell and crashed into Khan as hard as I could, knocking him away from the shuttle. I hit the ground with a "thud", and before I knew it, Khan was on top of me.

 He lifted his fist, ready to strike me. I closed my eyes, waiting for the hit, but it never came. I opened them to see him looking down at me. His eyes seemed sad, regretful even. I was about to say something when Khan looked up, seeing Spock running towards him with his phaser. Khan jumped off of me and leaped onto the shuttle.

 Spock was locked onto Khan, as he jumped onto the shuttle as well, barely hanging on to a piece of metal on the bottom of it. I watched as they flew away, my boyfriend now alone with Khan. I cursed mentally and ran to the next shuttle, waiting for it to start flying.

 When it took off, I fell over from the jolt. Next thing I knew, I was zooming through the sky, the people on the ground looking like ants. I started feeling nauseous- no. No more panicking. I have to do this.

 I looked up to see Spock and Khan's shuttle right above mine. My breath caught in my throat when I watched Khan leap from the back, landing on my shuttle. He stood up and glared at me. "I do not want to fight you," he yelled over the sound of the shuttle. He started slowly walking towards me. "So stay out of this."

 I growled, getting ready to run at him. I took one step, and was immediately interrupted by a crash, followed by a grunt and a blue form rolling off the back of the shuttle. Spock. I watched as Spock dangled off of the back of the shuttle, trying desperately to hold on. I started running towards him, only to have my arm grabbed by Khan. He threw me back roughly, my head hitting the metal. Then I heard more grunting and crashing. I opened my eyes to see Spock lying on the ground, Khan bent over him, attempting to crush his head.

 "LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!" I yelled. I ran towards Khan, kicking him with as much strength as I could come up with. He yelled and fell to the side. Spock gasped for air while I rushed over to Khan and started kicking him even more. While this happened, I couldn't help but notice that Khan was not fighting back. I stopped my kicking and watched him, furrowing my eyebrows as tears ran down my face.

 He looked at me, tears in his own eyes. His tears were of sadness, while mine were of anger.

"You let him die," I growled. "It is YOUR fault!!! If you would have just listened to us and went along with the plan we wouldn't be in this mess!"

 He closed his eyes, nodding. "Penny, you must understand-"

 "NO!" I interrupted. "They are my FAMILY!!! You ATTACKED and KILLED too many family members!!! I will NEVER forgive you!!"

 Just then, Spock stumbled over to Khan, punching his face over and over again. I simply watched him, letting it happen. He deserved this, right? He attacked us, killed Pike, Kirk, a lot of people. But... he is my ... dad..

 He looked back to Spock, watching him lash out on my father. This is wrong... "SPOCK!" I yelled. "SPOCK STOP!!" I ran over, grabbing Spock by the collar and throwing him backwards. Not remembering my  strength, I gasped and ran over to him. I cradled his face in my hands, examining the cuts and bruises on his face. "I'm so sorry," I choked out.

 He simply sighed and put his forehead against mine. We did it. We got Khan.