AUAOD- The Sharpest Lives

So, I decided to upload both chapter because they do go together (in my opinion) and its my way of makng up to you guys for not uploading for so long.

Also, it would really make my day (week, month, year, etc, etc,) if you guy would start commenting and voting on my stories. I'm not really asking for much, but I'm just saying that I would be SO grateful and happy if I got a few vote or comments on either of my stories.  So PLEASE comment and vote, and I will love you forever!

Thanks!

--------------------------------- 

Barry’s PoV

I pulled into his driveway. His garage door was opened and he was sitting in his lawn chair, sipping a beer.

“Hey buddy!” He hollered as I stepped out of the car.

Just play it cool Barry... I slowly entered his garage. “Hey Rod.”

“Whatcha up to now? That wife of yours still causing you trouble? What about your kid? Is he alright?”

“No Rod... He died a few days ago...”I couldn’t remember exactly when he died. The only thing on my mind was the way Kim looked at me. She was burning away, her flesh melting off of her face! I tried to shake off the image, but I couldn’t. Maybe a little alcohol would help...

“Aww man, that’s the dumps.” Rod took a long swig from his beer can and threw it was. He retrieved another one. “Well sit down! Have a beer or two and we can talk about this!”

I pulled up a chair and grabbed a beer. I finished the whole thing within two gulps. I pulled another one from the case, my usual buzz already starting.

“I don’t get it...” I mumbled and chugged another beer. I didn’t wanna talk. I wanted to forget everything and just drink away everything that had happened. Harry, the Jewish boy, Ben, Kim, everything. So I did. I had gulped down 10 beers and my bottle of Scotch without saying anything. I just let Rod ramble on while I started to loosen up inside, my buzz even better than before. I felt infinite, like nothing could touch me. Not even my conscious.

“I just killed my wife.” I blurted out. Rod looked over at me, and I looked back. We were both drunk out of our minds and I hardly listened to what he was saying before.

“I just killed my wife.” I repeated and stared out across the street, chugging the rest of my beer. I crushed it with my foot and popped open another one.

Rod started laughing. “HA! My man and his jokes.” He tried to pat me, but missed by a mile.

“Rod, I’m serious.” I slurred. “I killed my wife.”

He looked at me dead in the eye. It was almost as if he had become sober for that split second. “What?”

“I did. I-I don’t know what came over me, but it just happened...” I stuttered. I wanted to cry, I really did. But if I started crying again, I knew that I might not be able to stop. Rod laid a heavy hand on my shoulder.

“My friend... You must of imagined it. You couldn’t of murdered your wife.” He cracked open another beer. “So, what did she do? Did she run away with some girlfriends and leave you with the kids?”

“No Rod, I really did kill her.” I said loudly. He was so stupid and couldn’t register the thought that I really had killed her. He began to laugh again and spilt his beer all over his chest.

“Barry, in all of my years of marriage, I know that things may seem bad now, but in time they will be better! Now, May and I had our ups and downs, but as soon as we got that divorce everything has been peaches and gravy!” He yelled and threw his hands up in the air. I shook my head.