AUAOD- House Of Wolves

House Of Wolves

"I'm a bad man, kick me like a stray..." I popped my head up. There was a man on the street, singing and dancing around. I craned my neck further over. He looked like a skeleton, with a skinny body and short, slick hair. He was dressed in all black. He also looked like a geek.

I got up and walked towards him. He was still singing and dancing. "Umm, excuse me?" I asked. I tapped him on the shoulder and he stopped.

"Hello." He gave me a straight face. I smiled a little. I saw his knees buckle, and he ran his fingers through his hair. "You saw that, didn't you?"

"Yes." I giggled. "What song were you singing?"

"Oh, just something I made up..."

"I wanna hear the rest of it!" I exclaimed and sat down. He shook his head no and continued walking. I got up and followed him. "Where are you going?"

"Insane." He muttered darkly.

"Can I come?"

He looked down at me with the strangest look. "Fine, but just don't... be all hyper and stuff."

We continued walking. He stopped occasionally and picked up something broken. He'd play with it for a few minutes and then he'd throw it away.

"What's your name?" I asked him.

"Names aren't important here..."

I sighed loudly. "Everyone says that here! But you know what? I don't care!" I stuck out my hand. "My name is Benjamin, Ben for short. What's yours?"

He shook my hand. "Michael, but Mikey for short." We continued walking.

"How did you die?" I asked him.

"I went to bed, and I didn't wake up."

I stared at him curiously. "But, that only happens to old people! And you don't look old!"

He chuckled. "Ben, when you die, you automatically turn the age that you feel. I just happen to feel younger."

My eyes widened. "Whoa... How old are you?"

He shrugged. "Maybe between 20 and 30. I'm not sure, I just feel really young." He chuckled and smiled.

I nodded. That made sense. "So, you were 90 when you died?"

"87."

I nodded again. We stopped at a pile. Mikey found a stick and started twirling it around. Then, after a few more steps, he tossed it into another pile.

"Why aren't you in heaven Mikey?" I asked him.