AUAOD- This Is How I Disappear

Hey you guys, sorry I've been kind of lazy with the updating of chapters, but I promise you that I'll be better this time (: I just got a laptop (YAY!) and I'm already writing the chapters to future stories. Hope you guys enjoy this one!

-----------------------------------------------------

 Barry PoV

The funeral was over. Thank god. I lit a cigarette and inhaled the smoke as I watched people leave. Why they came here, I have no idea.

“It must be so hard for you two,” I heard a young girl say behind me. I spun around. She was standing in the aisle way, her hands clasped together. I took the cigarette out of my mouth and blew the smoke in her face. She waved it away and frowned at me. “You shouldn’t smoke in church.”

“Honey, there’s a bunch of things that I shouldn’t have done.” I cackled and turned around. I watched her run to her parents, who gave me a disapproving look. Ahh, forget them. I looked at my watch.

“Kim! Hurry up! Football’s on in 15 minutes!” I yelled at her. By god, she’s one of the most redundant women on the face of the earth.

“I’m coming, I’m coming.” She hurried down the aisle way. I got up and walked to the car. I tried to ignore the people as they tried to talk to me. I got in the car and waited for her, as she stopped to talk to people. I impatiently leaned over and honked the horn.

“KIM! FOOTBALL!” I rolled down the window and screamed at her. I saw her say something to the people and then hurry to the car.

“Took you long enough.” I muttered as she got into the driver’s seat. I reached in the back for my bottle of whiskey. I popped off the top and took a deep, long gulp. Kim pulled out of the parking lot and began to drive home.

“For the love of GOD Kim!” I shouted at her. “Football starts in friggen 5 MINUTES! Can you drive any faster?” I saw her wiped her eyes as she stopped at a stop sign. I sighed as loudly as I could and took another swig from the bottle. It felt good as the liquid ran down my throat and burned my chest. I closed my eyes and began to drift off.

***

“Here. Now get out.” The car suddenly stopped and Kim slammed the door. I opened my eyes, a little too fast. I staggered out of the car and bent over the bushes. It was a bad idea falling asleep after drinking. I wobbled inside and crashed on the couch. I turned on the T.V. Football was just starting.

“Kim! Make me a drink!” I barked and then paused for an answer. I could hear faint sobs from the hallway. I chuckled and got up. I staggered up the stairs to find her sitting in Benjamin’s room, curled up on his bed and holding a pair of his pyjamas. I chuckled again, this time more loudly. She looked up, all of her make-up running down her face. She looked even uglier.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I barked at her. She flinched and looked down at the pyjamas again.

“Nothing Barry. Just leave me alone for a few more minutes.”

I leaned against the doorframe. This was going to be fun. “Kim, he’s gone. There is no way that he’s coming back. Hey, look at this as a good thing. One less mouth to feed, you don’t have to look after him anymore. I’m glad that he’s gone actually...”

“STOP!” She started crying again. I walked over to her, and put a hand on her back. She looked up at me, and I slapped her with the other. Not hard, just a little tap. She looked up at me again, hate burning in her eyes. It was even more fun when she got mad.

“So you’re saying that you actually care about the brat? The last I heard, you hated him!” I yelled at her.

“Yes Barry, call me whatever you want. My child just died! I would be crazy if I didn’t miss him!”