Early March 2013

Stevie peaked through the curtains at the back of the church, watching Lindsey, who stood proudly at the front. “I think I’m gonna be sick.” She said, holding her stomach. “You’ll be fine.” Christine said, adjusting Stevie’s necklace. Stevie smiled at her former band mate. “I’ve missed you, Chris.” She said. Christine smiled. “And I’ve missed you. And I’m so happy that you and Lindsey are finally getting your shit together and getting married!” Stevie laughed, covering her mouth when she realized she had to be quiet or the guests would hear her. “Your laugh really is dirty. I love it!” Christine whispered, cackling quietly. Christopher Nicks appeared with Lori, Sharon, Karen and Jessica in tow. “Ready?” He asked his sister. Stevie nodded. “Ready.” Christopher pulled her veil down and smiled at her. “Mom and Dad would have been proud of you.” He whispered as the wedding march began to play. “Thank you, Christopher ” Stevie whispered back. They linked arms and moved out of the way as Lori, Sharon, Karen and Jessica made their way down the aisle. Stevie smiled as she watched Jessica lead LeeLee and Stella down the aisle; Will was by Lindsey’s side, up by the alter. “Let’s do this then.” Christopher whispered. “Okay.” Stevie replied, taking one last deep breath before the curtains were pulled aside.

“And do you, Stephanie Lynn Nicks, take Lindsey Adams Buckingham, to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, ‘til death do you part?” Stevie smiled up at Lindsey, who smiled back at her. She looked back at the pastor and nodded. “I do.” She replied with a smile. The pastor smiled. “Well then, with the Lord’s blessing, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.” Lindsey and Stevie turned to face each other and as soon as their lips met, the church erupted into loud applause.

They waved goodbye to their friends and family from the back seat of their limo. Once their home was out of sight, Mr. and Mrs. Buckingham snuggled up together. “How’re you feeling, Mrs. Buckingham.” Lindsey asked, emphasising Stevie's new surname. Stevie chuckled. “Blissful.” She replied. Lindsey kissed her head lovingly. “That’s what I like to hear.” She looked up at him and planted a small kiss on the exposed skin of his chest. He shivered, desperate for her. And they’d only been married for a few hours. Jeez. “I can’t wait to get to the hotel.” He mused. Stevie smirked at her husband. “And why is that, Mr. Buckingham?” She asked. Lindsey looked down at her again. “So we can celebrate properly, just the two of us.” He replied, closing the space between them and kissing her hard.

A Few Hours Later – Paris, France

Stevie followed Lindsey into their hotel room, her finger twitching nervously, excitedly. God, how she longed to rip that damn leather jacket from his body and have her way with him. But she’d have to be patient. ‘Patience is a virtue.’ She reminded herself silently. She closed the door as the bellboy left. “Merci.” She called out to him as he walked away. As soon as the door shut and the lock clicked, Lindsey’s hands were around her waist. “So… What do you want to do now?” He asked. “Oh shut up.” Stevie replied, turning around and pressing her lips to his. When they parted, she saw his eyes brighten as he looked down at her. They were hungry and full of lust. Best of all, it was all for her; only for her. Stevie led him over to the bed and made him sit down. She tugged at his leather jacket and he took it off silently, throwing it across the room to land on a nearby chair. She ran her red nails over the exposed skin of his chest, taking satisfaction in the clearly agony he was in. “Steph… Please?” He begged breathlessly, fiddling with the hem of her blouse. Stevie relented and pulled Lindsey’s black t-shirt over his head. She smiled at the hairs that had always covered his chest, though they were now mostly grey. It showed his age, as if the wrinkles and the colour of the curls on his head were not enough. She also smiled at the small roll of podge that hung slightly over his jeans. But she loved all of these little things; they showed he had matured and grown up. He wasn’t a selfish asshole anymore, but he was still her Lindsey. Stevie leant forward and planted a kiss on her husband’s eager lips. Lindsey immediately responded, placing his hands on her waist to support her, kissing her back hard and passionately. Stevie felt his hand move to unbutton her blouse. She smiled through the kiss as the chiffon blouse left her body; how happy she was that she had worn something that came off so easily. And once Lindsey unclasped her bra, all hell broke loose.