Chapter 2

After they became friends, Chanyeol couldn't help but drown in happiness.
He felt a big urge to scream in joy, as well as an unstopping grin that couldn't leave his lips.

Whenever Baekhyun went, Chanyeol would follow him like a clingy puppy would do to its owner. Even the midget had weird feelings whenever he saw his friend staring at nothing with a happy face.

Whenever he called him, Chanyeol would gladly, not even wasting a second, answer as if his life depended on it.

But as usual, he shrugged everything off, because chanyeol is a very sociable person and he is always joyfull.

*

On the breezy nights of mid-november, Chanyeol was accompaning Baekhyun to his home. The two had an amazing time on their "friendly date" as the taller liked to call it.

They played at every single game in the arcade nearby, bought icecream and plushies for eachother, and now, they were walking side by side, none of them uttering a single word.

As wind passed by, Baekhyun shivered. 'Aish, why do i always wear light clothes?'

He was so focused on cursing himself, and how he never changes, that he got startled at the sudden warmness he felt.

"T-thanks Chanyeol." He stuttered after realising that Chanyeol gave him his jacket. He noticed how the taller was slightly shivering, but it was obvious that he was acting that he wasn't.

"But.. aren't you feel cold?" He asked.

"Nope. I'm a man!" Chanyeol joked, showing off his muscular arms.

The petite boy chuckled, "oh my god Channie, you know that you're just a sensitive, dorky child inside that muscular body of yours."

"Muscular, huh?" The taller snirked, wriggling his eyebrows. The midget only rolled his eyes --not to mentiont his crimson red face--, "let's share it."

"Alright, if that's what you want."

And they walked very close to each other, each one of them listening to the other's soft heartbeat. Thankfully, Chanyeol choosed an oversized jacket.

'This feels amazing.. but i shouldn't feel like this.'
Baekhyun thought.

*
Baekhyun was finally home, after he shared an awkward hug with his friend.

He made his way toward his room after he greeted his family, and quickly made himself ready to go to sleep.

But he couldn't really sleep.. it wasn't because of his insomnia (a lowkey one), but it was because of the smiling face of his giant friend.

He wasn't supposed to feel like this. He knows where this would lead.
At first his heart would ache, then he would be severely depressed, and then he'll start harming himself more.

That wasn't really what he was afraid of, he usually feels like that on a daily basis,

He was only afraid of seeing his loved one walking away from his life.

The walls that he built around himself shouldn't be destroyed, the ice that protects his broken heart shouldn't melt.

He shouldn't fall in love once again.
He should never.

*

Word count: 492 words.

It's a smol chapter, i know.. i'm sorry guys, i'll make it up to you!!

I hope you all are fine! I have being pretty stressed lately, so i tried distracting myself with drawing and watching sunsets/sunrises.. so yeah i took a small break from my phone.

But i'm back! I'll try to uptade tomorrow after i study!

Thank you so much for liking this story, in all honesty i love seeing people appreciating my work. It makes me feels lowkey good about myself.

Thanks again! See you late 🙆💕