chapter 1

He quickened his pace as the clouds began to gather in the sky, and spat out their beads of water.
It was 7:45, which means that he was so late for his first day at school.

As the rainfall became more intense, he started running, hoping that he would be in time. He muttered a few curses each time he felt his scars burning under his thin sweater.

At the moment he made it to the hallways of hyunjoon highschool, he mentally cursed his bad luck; the drops faded into a musical chime and their noise lessened.

Standing in front of the closed door of his class, he quickly fixed himself so he can look as good as possible.

He wasn't that interested in looks, actually he wasn't interested in making himself goodlooking, he believed that he was one of the ugliest creatures on earth. His only wish was to avoid being judged.

He knocked on the door softly, only to be welcomed by the face of his teacher. He looked quite annoyed.

"Do you know what time is it, mister byun baekhyun? You're always like this. Can't you change?"

The teacher didn't mean to hurt the midget's feelings, but Baekhyun , being the depressed person he is, quickly bowed 90° degrees to show respect, to hide his tears, as he muttered a small "sorry Mr. Kwon."

Mr Kwon sighed, before gently patting his student's back. "It's alright. Just make sure to come earlier next time."

"Thank you Mr Kwon." Baekhyun said politely, before bowing once again, and making his way to his usual seat, at the very back of the class.

He heard a few of his classmates whispering 'he's still cute' and 'yeah but he's still unmannered as fuck, can't he be humble' and  'why doesn't he talk with other people, i don't understand how people can be depressed, life is good' and other sentences that he chose to ignore.

Due to his bad eye sight, he wore his circle-shaped glasses, and began taking notes.

He was too focused on his studies, that he never noticed the loving stares that he was getting from a certain giant;

Or maybe he did, but chose to ignore.

It was for the best, he thought. He wasn't interested in involving someone in his miserable life, nor he wanted to trust someone.

He simply wasn't interested in loving someone.
Actually, he had a fear of getting involved with someone in a romatic way.

He had Philophobia.

That's what a broken heart does to you; a painful past too.

*

After 2 hours, the break-time bell rang.

He made his way to the cafetaria as he putted on his earbuds, and played a certain song that he liked.

He wasn't going to eat, he wasn't hungry. He just wanted to meet his bestfriends.

It's being 3 months since he ever talked to them personnaly.

Well, with both of them coming from rich families, he didn't have any chance to meet them. They were spending their summer break somewhere away from korea.