♗ | run like hell

It was like his own actions weren't by choice. Angelo turned his back to Maria and instead looked at the window. Slowly, he raised a hand and touched the window lightly, with a single finger.

Chris didn't have time to intervene before the window cracked and blew inward, somehow, right at Angelo, who hadn't flinched in getting cut many times, somehow.

"Tsk tsk," Chris sighed and strode over. "I do suppose I have been a bit too lax," He said, offering a hand to Angelo. "We really should be off before the feathered bitch goes whining back to God," He sneered. Angelo took his hand, saying nothing.

Eyes glowing a brighter blue than ever before, Angelo stepped up to stand in the windowsill, slouching slightly. "I want to leave," He said quietly.

Chris gave a hum. "Your wish is my command, dearest," He said, easily stepping up to balance in the windowsill as well. He slipped his hands around Angelo's waist, pressing a light kiss to the side of his face. "Close your eyes.." He said.

Being compliant, Angelo did just that.

He wasn't certain how to describe what he felt emotionally in that moment, but he didn't dare open his eyes. Feeling as if his body was on fire, Angelo tried to stay as relaxed as possible.

It hurt, come to think of it. He wanted to sob or squirm; the feeling was absolutely horrid. He couldn't even feel enough to know whether or not Chris's hands were still on him. He hoped so, though.

When the discomfort faded, serenity replaced it. For a small eternity, things felt alright. Chris spoke up, his normally determined, bold tone seeming almost uncomfortable.

"Open your eyes if you'd like, but please do refrain from looking directly at me."

Angelo was hesitant, but he did open his eyes anyway. He didn't bother examining his new surroundings, instead immediately finding Chris, who resembled a shadow with his back turned to the teen.

"Why?" Questioned Angelo, trembling slightly. Every part of him ached terribly, not just due to the pieces of broken glass still sending little waves of pain through him. "Why shouldn't I look at you..?"

"Because," Chris replied simply. Angelo frowned and carefully sat up. "Are you afraid..?" He asked. Receiving no reply, he decided his assumption was true and said, "What are you afraid of-..?"

"Wouldn't you like to know," Chris mused. He sighed. "It isn't that I'm afraid of judgement; I'm not. I suppose.. I'm just.. afraid you wont be able to look at me any more if I show you my face here.." He grumbled.

Angelo had to fight a rather pathetic laugh mixed with a squeak. It seemed so silly for someone like Chris to worry. "Oh, so the big scary english teacher is afraid of what I'll think?"

'English teacher,' Chris thought, smirking to himself and looking down at his shoes. 'I do so admire how you think of me like that rather than for what I am outside of your world.'

"Just let me see-..?" Angelo murmured. "I promise, I'm open minded, and-" He said, cutting himself off when Chris turned around, revealing the way he truly looked.

Behind the blood dripping from coal black eyes, and the sharp teeth, and the horns that curled back and around like a ram's, Angelo could still see Chris. His Chris, no different than he had been.

Stepping forward slowly, Chris was pleasantly surprised that Angelo hadn't flinched away or whimpered or anything else. Instead, he sat completely still. Something about the feeling of acceptance made Chris feel something he hadn't truly felt in a very, very long time;

Happiness.

A sly smirk crept onto Chris's face, which, ever so slowly, began to look less Underworld-ish and more.. human. More Chris. His eyes, however, did stay black. Angelo didn't mind at all, though.

Feeling tired, needy and in pain, Angelo made grabby hands at Chris, who swept him up bridal style in response, sighing. "I do suppose we should get you cleaned up. I don't know why your mind registered the way it did, but breaking that window inward really did do a number on you.." Chris said.

Angelo just yawned, resting his head against Chris's shoulder. "Mm.. Uh-huh.."

Chris shook his head a bit as he watched his little angel drift off to sleep. "You'll be the death of me, now, wont you, dear?"

A/N: i know, i need to slow my roll with this. whateverrr.