♗ | crash course

Clapping his hands together, Chris got right to talking away. Angelo had to flinch at the sound, though. Chris was back to his old, chatty self, but Angelo was exhausted.

"Now that we're back to just you and I along with Ryan and Ricky- and Mike, wherever he wandered off to,- it's about time I give you a crash course in all of this magic shit. All you need to worry about," Chris said, "Is listening."

'Such a fucking English teacher,' Angelo thought to himself, tiredly sipping at the tea in the mug he held. Coffee had been good, sure, but he much preferred tea..

"First, there are important categories to recognize and understand. Magic users- call us what you will,- like you and I, and, strange as it may seem, Devin as well," He muttered. He waved a hand and continued speaking. "Anyway. Magic users. You and I. We specialize in different things. I happen to be better off controlling all things death related."

"How pleasant," Angelo mumbled. Chris rolled his eyes. "You say that. But death related isn't accompanied by bad things, not all the time. It's in the category of wounds.. infections.. diseases. I can make them better or worse. How do you think I fixed Ricky up after he was nearly torn to ribbons, hm?

Think of it like cutting a paper. You can tape that cut, or you can rip it. That's what I do. It's what Ricky and Mike do, in smaller scales. Ricky is usually the good, while Mike is typically the bad." He said. "It isn't to say we couldn't dabble with other types of magic, but death is what we specialize in."

"So," Angelo said, rubbing his eyes with his free hand. "What am I?- Or, rather.. what can I do-..?"

"That's for you to find out." Chris said, snapping his fingers and pointing to Ryan. "Ryan is, in a way, a reflection of you. Figure it out for yourself. Moving on, we have familiars. Ryan, Ricky, Mike, and even Vinny. They're unique in their own ways. I don't know Vinny well, but I've heard he's excellent at camouflage. That doesn't surprise me, given Devin is practically a chameleon at times. Hellhounds track death. Think of Vinny- and Mike,- like hellhounds. They know when death is on it's way.

They can't say quite who, but they know when someone- anyone,- is going to die in any way out of the ordinary. There's a difference between dying naturally of, say, cancer, and dying from being hit by a car. Tell me the difference." He said.

Angelo furrowed his brows. "Being hit by a car is more often than not, an accident.. right?"

Chris grinned. "No." He said, looking a bit like a child giddy to tell his parents something. "Car accidents are never really accidents, believe it or not. It can be caused from a number of things- witches, typically. Curses, bad luck.. Walking under a ladder, even. But they aren't accidents. Cancer has no supernatural cause."

"Then we have creatures," Ricky spoke up quietly. "Like the Whispers and Spiders. I'm sure Devin explained why the names are so dull.."

"Because names are power and all that shit.." Angelo yawned softly.

"Exactly." Chris said. "They're all different, but they're all drawn to the same thing; negative energy.. strong energy.. any power that they could absorb and use to benefit themselves."

"And that's me.." Angelo mumbled. "Why me, though?"

"You're special." Chris said casually before moving right on, "Spiders are exactly what they sound like; spiders. Humans deal with them all the time- the tiny little pests, or the ones larger on the size scale."

"You're telling me spiders are actual evil creatures?" Angelo asked curiously.

Chris hummed in amusement. "That's exactly right. They're too small to so any real harm, but the more power you have- the stronger your aura is,- any of that.. It draws them in. It's why you see so many spiders.

You've probably not even acknowledged it. You know, you're never more than ten feet away from a spider. That's a fact. Maybe it was six feet.. or eight.." He trailed off. "Bottom line? They're always around you. Always."

"Gross," Angelo whined. Ricky and Ryan seemed rather amused, so Angelo tried to relax a bit.

"Angels are next. They aren't as good as you'd think.. In fact, they're the bad guys in your case. I can help you, because I don't want to use you. They'll try and break you solely because they want what they don't have.

Your energy, your soul.. They're of value to those feathered fucks. Now that we dealt with a Whisper, undoubtably the angels will be next.. But try not to worry," Chris said. "Everything will go the way it's meant to."